Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: These days...  (Read 32812 times)

KaraShannon

These days...
« on: February 27, 2024, 01:51:13 PM »

Does anyone find themselves commenting on how things are different these days?

I mean I've only noticed all the differences along with the pandemic, not a more gradual ageing process but still, anyone with examples are welcome.

Mine starts with a moan.  My new hairdryer takes 30 mins to fully dry my hair.  Prior ones ALL MY LIFE UP TO NOW have dried it in 5 - 10 mins at the most.  Anyone else noticed this?

;D

KaraShannon

Re: These days...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 01:52:14 PM »

Oh and paper used to tear in a straight line, not all chaotic and wonky.  But that's been going on for about 15 years as I remember a long time ago moaning about that one.

Songbird

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 02:30:40 PM »

Smaller Mars bars, twirls, cream eggs - whoops, there's a theme here  ;D

KaraShannon

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2024, 02:42:50 PM »

Smaller Mars bars, twirls, cream eggs - whoops, there's a theme here  ;D

I remember my parents saying that Mars bars and Penguins were not the size 'they used to be,' and they were saying that in their early 30's. 

They must have been ENORMOUS in the 60's  ;D yet they were all skinny then!

But agree.  They've shaved another bit off the top of the wispa bars in the last fortnight and in the last 2 months one 'bit size' has been taken off the end of the 4 packs.  I know these things  ::)

KaraShannon

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 02:44:42 PM »

Bad service for me, HATE when if you're getting served,the server is busy chatting to her/his buddy AND I let them know it  ;D

I hate that too and agree it's a change.  Unfortunately I think, at least in my area, there are now just way too many people and way too much time pressure on everyone that pleasant conversation is no longer happening.  :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2024, 02:52:51 PM »

Oh don't get me started on those in supermarkets who are talking on their headsets!  And that's the person scanning the goods  :o >:(.  One never knows whether they are a) talking to themselves, b) the customer or worse, c) staff in the back office!

And those walking towards me on their mobiles, not looking what/who they might bump into.  I've taken a few mobiles off people for THAT!

Drives who don't keep to speed limits  >:(

I may continue later  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2024, 04:50:37 PM »

That's U on the other side of the street 2 me then jaypo  :lol: and when they are in the queue at the check out  >:( HOW RUDE .  I've been known to mutter 'how rude' OUT LOUD ....... I fact I wouldn't serve them until they had finished.  I would send them to the back of the queue - 1 where there wasn't an assistant.  Why don't they use the self service  :D

getting_old

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2024, 05:55:09 PM »

All of the above  ;D

and it's not like the prices have shrunk with the product. The prices have increased as sizes have decreased >:(

However in stores I really don't mind if there's no conversation. I prefer to just pay for my stuff and leave so I love self checkout! That's definitely a positive for "these days".

CLKD, they can't use self service because they'd have to actually do something. It's always the ones with the mobile phones that never pack their bags because that would mean actually focusing on the here and now!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 11:00:44 PM by getting_old »

SadieLou

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2024, 09:18:57 PM »

I've worked in customer service for nearly 25 years.  It's always been a challenge at times but the rudeness of people has really leveled up in the past few years. 

I don't work with the public, but with employees of the companies who purchase our product.   It's mostly via email and it's quite shocking how rude some people are while emailing on their work email.  I don't want to know how they behave when emailing via their personal account!   :P

KaraShannon

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2024, 12:14:55 PM »

Oh don't get me started on those in supermarkets who are talking on their headsets!  And that's the person scanning the goods  :o >:(.  One never knows whether they are a) talking to themselves, b) the customer or worse, c) staff in the back office!

And those walking towards me on their mobiles, not looking what/who they might bump into.  I've taken a few mobiles off people for THAT!

Drives who don't keep to speed limits  >:(

I may continue later  ;D

I haven't noticed an issue with staff talking into their headsets but I don't think they do that much where I am.

As for people texting into their phones and not looking where they are going, I tend to look down at the floor and keep walking in a straight line (they are the ones veering into my space) until they have to massively correct their positioning  ;D

KaraShannon

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2024, 12:18:17 PM »

However in stores I really don't mind if there's no conversation. I prefer to just pay for my stuff and leave so I love self checkout! That's definitely a positive for "these days".

Yes, I don't mind if there's no conversation, but it still bugs me that we are being herded more and more into the self checkout area, to the point it's now becoming 'weird' if you go to the assistant behind the till (unless you need cigarettes)

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2024, 06:18:27 PM »

Oh yes the mobile phone walker,if I see one heading in my direction, just stop dead in my tracks and then they HAVE to go round me  ;D my bad  ;D
[/quote

This is me . Sorry jaypo ;D

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2024, 08:29:01 PM »

Nor me  >:( 'cos it'll be out o f your hand and away across the road B4 you blink  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2024, 08:30:28 PM »

We refuse to use self service and if there's musak if the manager won't switch it off we walk out. B&Q are notorious and I can't think in such a warehouse-type space  >:(. There's always on line these days!

KaraShannon

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2024, 01:45:02 PM »

Agree CLKD

Back to hairdryers, I've given up and sitting here typing on here.  >:(  My hair seems to be drying quicker sat typing on here than it ever was with me struggling with the hairdryer.  I cannot understand it, it must be health and safety these days.  Standing there for half and hour, arms aching, trying to dry hair when it only took about 4 mins with my old hairdryer  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Pages: [1] 2 3 4