Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Are the Wellsprings creams anygood or only for certain symptoms?  (Read 1844 times)

Anonymous1

Are the Wellsprings creams anygood or only for certain symptoms?
« on: February 16, 2024, 06:49:03 PM »

I recently tried cyclical HRT for the first time (Evorel 50 and Utrogestan 200mg/day Days 15-26).  I experienced a signficant improvement in my mental health on Evorel 50.  However, I had signficant side effects on the Utrogestan and stopped the HRT after the first cycle.  I have posted about the above.

A private menopause clinic nurse suggested taking the Evorel 50 for a month before re-introducing Utrogestan or an alternative form of progesterone e.g. Cyclogest continuously.

I met somebody this week whom had experienced some improvement in their symptoms on Wellsprings Serenity cream.  They experienced side effects with HRT so stopped it after a month and tried this cream instead as they couldn't get a review appointment with the menopause GP.

I have had a look on the Wellsprings website and see that they also do a 20-1 Cream.  I just wondered whether these creams are any good.  Am I correct in thinking they the Wellsprings and similar cream contain much lower amounts of oestrogen and progesterone than NHS HRT?

Has anybody whom is active on this forum at present tried the Wellsprings creams or similar?
Should i perservere with HRT before trying these creams?

I have chronic multifactorial fatigue due to mental health, chronic stress and peri/menopause.

I am 51.  I have not had any hot flushes or significant night sweats or vaginal dryness as yet.  My current symptoms include feelings of overwhelm, low  mood, sleep disturbance and fatigue.  My oestrogen and progesterone levels are low.  Testosterone is ok.