Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Cancer scare  (Read 11050 times)

LosMos

Re: Cancer scare
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2024, 03:04:35 PM »

No I'm not using anything - what is appropriate vaginal atrophy treatment??

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2024, 03:49:09 PM »

Hi LosMos - do read the 'bladder issues' thread and any connected to vaginal atrophy.  Make notes ;-).  Several ladies insert 'vagifem' into the vagina and use 'ovestin' on the labial area.  I find 'ovestin' internally and smeared on anywhere externally as necessary.

The idea is to insert every night for 2-3 weeks then as necessary.  Many find that they need to use every night, others manage symptoms several times a week.

Let us know how you get on.  U don't need an exam or blood tests and if your GP suggests not prescribing both, then push for them - we cannot overdose on VA treatments ;-)

Northerngirl

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2024, 05:56:22 PM »

My appointment is tomorrow. My symptons only started about 4 days ago
Good luck for tomorrow. Let us know how it goes x

Violetta808

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2024, 06:48:13 PM »

My appointment is tomorrow.

Good luck and try not to worry (easier said than done, I know). I have my hysteroscopy/biopsy/polyp removal tomorrow too. Bright and early! 😬

Everyone on this thread - I know that stats (and too much Googling) can be unhelpful, but I found this on the South and West Devon NHS site, which I find reassuring:

‘Unscheduled vaginal bleeding with HRT is relatively common and statistically unlikely to be associated with cancer.

The finding of cancer in women with unscheduled bleeding on HRT is less than 1:200.

There is no increased risk of  endometrial cancer in women on HRT unless unopposed oestrogen is used in a woman with an intact uterus.’

In pain

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2024, 07:00:34 PM »

What is unopposed oestrogen?

Donna69

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2024, 07:11:20 PM »

When you don’t take progesterone to thin the womb lining

In pain

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2024, 08:00:08 PM »

This sounds silly please bear with me my mind is working over time so I was on 1 pump of  oestrogen gel and 100mg progesterone tablet continuously so that is not unopposed ?

Northerngirl

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2024, 08:12:40 PM »

This sounds silly please bear with me my mind is working over time so I was on 1 pump of  oestrogen gel and 100mg progesterone tablet continuously so that is not unopposed ?
That was exactly the same as what I was taking continuously ,that is enough supposedly.  I personally don't think utrogestan does it's job...from what I've heard on MM.

Jules

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2024, 11:49:13 PM »

And the nhs website  says

"Vaginal oestrogen helps with vaginal dryness. It does not increase the risk of breast cancer, blood clots or other conditions.

The dose is low and very little of the medicine gets into the rest of your body, so it's safe to use it for a long time"

Everything I've read so far differs slightly.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2024, 07:31:04 PM »

Just an update. My appointment has been brought forward to a week on Sunday at 7.30am. I'm quite anxious about the actual procedure but Just want it over and done with

I have had a week of severe bleeding with clots and cramping but all that stopped a couple of days ago so hopefully the thickened lining has been shed and there will be no concerns.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2024, 08:47:50 PM »

Sometimes our bodies really play up don't they!  Without any obvious reason  :-\

Is some1 going to the appt with you shropshirelass?  It may seem a long week ahead, do take a note of your symptoms with you.  Let us know how you get on!

Songbird

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2024, 08:58:22 PM »

Shropshirelass  :tulips2:
I’ll be thinking of you a week on Sunday.  I hope all goes well for you  :yes:

Northerngirl

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2024, 09:37:28 PM »

Yes I'll be thinking of you too....glad it's an early appointment so you'll be up and straight there and won't spend all day worrying as you've had enough of that.
Hope all goes well and let us know  x

Violetta808

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2024, 09:15:37 PM »

I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow too. Hope it all goes well x

Northerngirl

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2024, 09:29:14 PM »

Good luck for tomorrow Shropshirelass x
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5