Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Totally wiped out  (Read 6045 times)

kathryn22

Totally wiped out
« on: January 25, 2024, 06:53:02 PM »

Well Ladies
What the hells going on with me !!!??
Last few weeks, maybe 4 or 5 I’ve begun to feel more and more wiped out. Completely exhausted all day not sleeping at night. Appetite vanishing, have to force myself to take fluids. Weight loss. Very low mood. Nausea, Headache. Yes, typical symptoms of depression but just can’t shake it off as I have in the past. Have recently been diagnosed with Vaginal Atrophy and Prolapse, so started treatment for that and, I must admit it’s been a very traumatic time and difficult to accept and cope with. Could it be a delayed shock reaction? No point going to the GP She’s not that kind of Doctor. Maybe it’s just winter blues??

Penguin

Re: Totally wiped out
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 07:07:22 PM »

For me all of those symptoms, excluding the headache, were indicative of low estrogen before i started hrt. Are you on systemic hrt, because perhaps you need to be thinking about supplementing. I'd defo get a GP appointment though as, even if they are useless with meno, they could run some basic bloods and see if you have anaemia for example x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2024, 07:19:37 PM »

It's that time of year too.

When did U have a full blood count to include VitD and thyroid function levels?  Also zinc and VitB12 levels may be the cause of symptoms.

Several years ago I would do 20 mins weeding then have to sit for 2 hours, without moving, I simply hadn't the energy.  I thought that I had something serious but blood tests showed low VitD levels.

I do remember Mum having crashing fatigue, she would suddenly stop cooking our evening meal, sit down and sleep for several hours.  Looking back it could have been peri-menopause symptoms. 

Continue with the VA treatment.  Remind me: what's happening about the prolapse?

kathryn22

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2024, 07:35:57 PM »

Hi CLKD
How’s things
Erm .. The prolapse.. Saw the gynaecologist a couple of weeks ago, he said grade 2 but only one not double and yes atrophy. Said to keep up with the Estriol and moisturiser Said he would do surgery if I wanted. Be honest am going to wait for second opinion as I hear mainly very negative results post surgery So if I can avoid I will.
Am going to get my B12 checked as my jab is overdue

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2024, 07:51:35 PM »

..... and breath.  Rest when your body needs.  Keep hydrated as if the body is dry we may be tired. 

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2024, 08:34:43 AM »

For me those symptoms are low oestrogen . x

kathryn22

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2024, 04:21:53 PM »

Hi Dotty & CLKD
Following on from my last post.. as I said feeling progressively worse day by day, with today probably the worst yet. Have had a good week atrophy wise and then BANG 💥 Had a terrible one today.. wonder if there’s a connection Just back from GP after B12 booster Spoke to practice nurse re menopause nurse and women’s physio, apparently not a service provided by the practice!! So back to the drawing board on that one
Nice weekend ladies 😁

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2024, 04:37:00 PM »

Hi.  Listen top your body, rest and keep hydrated.  Doze.

As for a lack of menopause support you could ask for a referral to a dedicated menopause clinic, both private and NHS have waiting lists.  When you get a bit of energy back you could look on the web-sites of the local Hospitals to see whether they offer a service, some gynaecologists - though not many - may run a Clinic.

Let us know how you get on.

Dotty

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2024, 07:43:58 AM »

Hi kathryn22….are you taking any hrt or treatment for VA?

kathryn22

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2024, 11:11:39 AM »

Hi Dotty
Yes the usual generic stuff
Estriol cream, which I use every other night and YES moisturiser, which I use everyday.
Have done some research and think I might ask to switch to Ovestin as it seems to be stronger. As I said, feeling so awful at the moment, but know I have to really make the effort to keep hydrated so my pee doesn’t get too acidic and make things worse.
So depressing, thought I was making progress. Can accept that this will never go away, but not that it’s so hard to manage. To make matters worse my “medication review” which was due after 3 months, (which will now be 6) has been scheduled for next month with a male Dr who I’m sure will have not a jot of information or insight  Life’s just a daily drag

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2024, 02:20:48 PM »

U could ask for a med review with the Nurse Practitioner at your Surgery .  Ours offers a full-time in-house pharmacist who rings me every 3 months. Don't know why but he has a lovely voice  ;D.  We take statins so need an annual blood test for kidney function.

Feeling totally wiped out is not normal.  Has the Vit injection helped at all, how long would you expect B4 you feel benefit?  Thyroid function needs checking, if a GP says 'within normal limits' the do ask for further testing as the NHS don't do a 'full' investigation.

I doubt if it's anything to do with the VA treatment.  Get yourself a good VitD supplement to take daily as well as sitting in the sunshine 10 mins. morning and 10 mins. afternoon. 

Did U catch Covid at all?

kathryn22

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2024, 02:57:37 PM »

Hi CLKD
Vits usually take a week or so to kick in been having for about 5 yrs now but this dose very overdue from November.
Yes had Covid right at the start of the pandemic courtesy of being employed by the NHS. Was quite ill but back then we were just told not to come back in to work till we were better. No testing. I was in a research programme for 18 months after and had antibodies for 10 months,which apparently was an indicator of how infected I was. Do have long Covid but as with all things, nobody really interested in that now. Will up my fluids take paracetamol and see if I can get an appointment next week Ever the optimist, except when I’m not 🤣

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2024, 03:56:32 PM »

AAAHHHH ......... long Covid no wonder that you feel awful!

Have a lookC on the internet, there is research being carried out as well as support groups. 

KaraShannon

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2024, 01:32:42 AM »

Sorry you are going through this Kathryn22, I don't have anything else to suggest but I relate as I have terrible crushing fatigue.  I had it before covid but not as bad, so I don't know if that's relevant as I started hrt around the same time that covid came along.

I hope things get better for you soon or improved enough that you are happy again.

JoeBean

• First Flush
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2024, 09:56:44 AM »

Could try getting your Bilirubin level tested. High levels might indicate Gilbert's Syndrome. This causes extreme exhaustion on HRT. Check the Gilber't Disease thread on this forum.
Hope you feel betetr soon x