Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Update on original post in jan now have diagnosis  (Read 1327 times)

Cs65

Update on original post in jan now have diagnosis
« on: January 24, 2024, 05:49:29 PM »

Hi everyone….An update on my original post jan 2024:
Turns out I have a bladder and vaginal wall prolapse.
Asked 2 different doctors a couple of months ago to check for prolapse but both said no. Nothing picked up during smear or transvaginal scan but I understand it can be quite tricky to see when lying down. Wouldn’t be missed now as I can see it myself. Next part of journey has now begun! I’m thankful that I now know what’s been causing my issues as not knowing was horrible. Can now start to work on helping myself and hopefully getting some relief.

Original post:
I hope someone can relate… I'm 58 post menopause for 3/4 years on everol conti with no issues until now.
(Except Continued night sweats) For the past 2 months l've been experiencing period type pains and sensation of full bladder but no UTI symptoms. No bleeding or any other red flag symptoms according to three GPs I have seen. Several tests later nothing found, but pain still persists. Full bladder sensation has gone but I'm still quite anxious about this. I'm finding any pain I get, my head goes straight to the worst case scenario and it’s blighting my life until I get everything checked out!! I have a general scan and vaginal scan booked in a couple of weeks.
Anyone had similar or can have a guess what it might be? Sorry for the long story.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 06:58:32 PM by Cs65 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Mild cramps 4 years post menopause everol conti 3 years
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 05:56:10 PM »

I would suggest that it may be vaginal atrophy.  If U experience full bladder symptoms, that's very similar to how I know that my sysptoms are niggling. 

I wasn't particularly dry internally.  My GP prescribed 'ovestin', an oestrogen replacement.  As levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out; scalp, deep in the ears, eyes, nostrils, skin, vagina, vulva.  As well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

Once you've had your scans I would ask for vaginal atrophy treatment.  The idea is to insert into the vagina for 2-3 weeks every night then as necessary.  Some find that they require it every night, others manage symptoms with insertion every 3rd and 5/6th nights.  There are several moisturisers that can ease any dryness on the labia, i.e. sylc or yes.

Let us know how you get on.  :welcomemm:  browse round.  Make notes ;-)

Cs65

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024, 07:03:49 PM »

Thank you for your reply and the welcome

I asked for estriol pessary on my last gp visit which seems to have helped with the bladder fullness. They also found that I had undetected thrush during the smear test.
I’ve now discovered an article that talks about the possibility of combined HRT causing the cramp something to do with progesterone. Not sure as I’ve been using everol conti for so long. Could it all of a sudden happen?
It’s such a minefield.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2024, 08:43:44 PM »

Where did U find the article?

I suggest that you put your HRT regime into the search box to read the associated threads.  Make notes ;-)

For years after my last period stopped I would get symptoms and think "not again after all this time!".  I've not taken HRT other than VA treatment.

Joaniepat

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2024, 09:52:25 PM »

I hope someone can relate… I'm 58 post menopause for 3/4 years on everol conti with no issues until now.
(Except Continued night sweats) For the past 2 months l've been experiencing period type pains and sensation of full bladder but no UTI symptoms. No bleeding or any other red flag symptoms according to three GPs I have seen. Several tests later nothing found, but pain still persists. Full bladder sensation has gone but I'm still quite anxious about this. I'm finding any pain I get, my head goes straight to the worst case scenario and it’s blighting my life until I get everything checked out!! I have a general scan and vaginal scan booked in a couple of weeks.
Anyone had similar or can have a guess what it might be? Sorry for the long story.
This is just a guess, but I wonder if you have an over-tight pelvic floor. This can give a full-bladder type feeling, abdominal discomfort, and other weird and wonderful symptoms too. Anxiety can make things worse, as we can hold a lot of tension in the PF. It could be worth seeing a pelvic floor (women's health) physio for an assessment and appropriate treatment.
The continuing night sweats suggest you may not be getting enough oestrogen from the Evorel Conti. It might be worth discussing with your doctor, as perhaps an increase in oestrogen dose plus a separate progestogen might help.
JP x

Cs65

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2024, 10:42:21 PM »

Not sure how to show which message I’m replying to but re
the suggestion I put my HRT regime into the search…..I’ll do that thank you.
I’m finding this forum to be such a great resource so thanks to all who have commented so far. It’s very reassuring to know that others have similar experiences and that it’s not just in my head especially the more unusual symptoms that don’t always make it onto the list

Also in response to the person who asked which article I read. It was on the balance app. The title is ‘find out all about this discomfort’
Thx again

Cs65

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2024, 10:44:42 PM »

This is just a guess, but I wonder if you have an over-tight pelvic floor. This can give a full-bladder type feeling, abdominal discomfort, and other weird and wonderful symptoms too. Anxiety can make things worse, as we can hold a lot of tension in the PF. It could be worth seeing a pelvic floor (women's health) physio for an assessment and appropriate treatment.
The continuing night sweats suggest you may not be getting enough oestrogen from the Evorel Conti. It might be worth discussing with your doctor, as perhaps an increase in oestrogen dose plus a separate progestogen might help.
JP x

Agree with all of this. I’ll definitely take your advice. Thank you
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 01:01:17 PM by Emma »

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2024, 10:05:08 AM »

Cs65 - put the person's name when replying?  There is a quote button but I've not yet found it  ::). Let us know how you get on.

Cs65

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2024, 06:49:40 PM »

Hi everyone….An update on my original post jan 2024:
Turns out I have a bladder and vaginal wall prolapse.
Asked 2 different doctors a couple of months ago to check for prolapse but both said no. Nothing picked up during smear or transvaginal scan but I understand it can be quite tricky to see when lying down. Wouldn’t be missed now as I can see it myself. Next part of journey has now begun! I’m thankful that I now know what’s been causing my issues as not knowing was horrible. Can now start to work on helping myself and hopefully getting some relief.

CLKD

Re: Update on original post in jan now have diagnosis
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2024, 07:58:49 PM »

Tnx for the update.  Do U have a plan for treatment?

Cs65

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2024, 08:39:08 PM »

Not until I see the urogynaecologist whenever I get an appointment.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2024, 08:09:40 AM »

R U able to take a cancellation appt at short notice?  If so mayB ring the dept and offer your time should anyone not show up?

How do U feel overall?

Cs65

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2024, 08:57:02 AM »

Thanks for the reminder to do that CLKD.
I’m just getting my head round it and trying to think about what changes I need to make eg exercise routine. I do treadmill running 3 times a week and the five tibetans every morning. I’ve read running isn’t good for prolapse and neither are the Tibetans 😬
Strangely enough now that the bladder has prolapsed a bit the cramping and full bladder sensation has lessened although I’m guessing the relief of knowing what it is has decreased tension in my body. Thanks for asking CLKD

Tulip256

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2024, 08:58:49 AM »

I have a mild bladder prolapse too and have found the Dr Bri lift programme/pelvic floor relaxation videos really helpful https://www.vibrantpelvichealth.com/.  The lift programme is chargeable but I have been doing the free trial and even that has really helped.  Just something to consider while you wait for your appointment.

Cs65

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2024, 10:28:48 AM »

Thanks for this really helpful.
Do you mind me asking what your symptoms were and how long you’ve had it?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 10:32:16 AM by Cs65 »
Pages: [1] 2