Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Finally Got HRT, However, I'm Confused With What I Was Prescribed  (Read 2021 times)

Cinnamon07

Hello

This is my 3rd post on here, I was finally able to get a prescription for HRT, based on my symptoms. However, I'm a bit confused with what I was prescribed. I sent a message to the prescribing physician, however, have yet to receive a response. So I was hoping some of you may have some insight, I've yet to start the treatment. So I'm 38-years-old and have been going through hell since I was 35-years-old, the symptoms reached an pique a few months ago and I was ready to end my life, was self-harming in order to distract myself from the horrible symptoms, and could not take care of myself. Doctors where not listening and kept saying that my hormone level test, were fine, although those tests are very unreliable. Anyway, I was able to find a prescriber recently and was prescribed combined HRT (estrogen/progesterone) in cream form. However, from what I've been reading. This should not be prescribe to women who like myself, still have regular periods. Is there anyone else with regular periods on combined HRT who can give some insight?

Taz2

Re: Finally Got HRT, However, I'm Confused With What I Was Prescribed
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 12:54:34 AM »

Have you got a name for the HRT i.e. the oestrogen and progesterone? Have you been told to use these continuously?

Taz x

Cinnamon07

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 02:26:45 AM »

Have you got a name for the HRT i.e. the oestrogen and progesterone? Have you been told to use these continuously?

Taz x

Taz

Thanks for the reply, this is what It says on the information form, I just picked it up today from my private mailbox.

"W-Biest + Prog Cream is a compounded medication made for you by the pharmacy. It consists of two types of estrogens (estriol and estradiol) with the addition of progesterone added into a smooth white cream. W-Biest + Prog Cream compounded medications are made at the pharmacy specifically to a physician's prescription for every patient"

Cinnamon07

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2024, 02:41:55 AM »

Taz x

Oh, I forgot to mention, that I'm supposed to use  it once everyday.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2024, 07:54:19 AM »

Usually continuous progesterone is for post menopausal women but I don't know enough about compounded hormones I'm afraid. They are not regulated so maybe follow different guidelines. It's a shame your GP has been so unsupportive. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of your regime will give advice soon.

Taz x

Cinnamon07

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2024, 06:27:23 PM »

Usually continuous progesterone is for post menopausal women but I don't know enough about compounded hormones I'm afraid. They are not regulated so maybe follow different guidelines. It's a shame your GP has been so unsupportive. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of your regime will give advice soon.

Taz x

Taz

Thanks for the input.