Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Urine flow affecting vulva/vagina area  (Read 1370 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Urine flow affecting vulva/vagina area
« on: January 17, 2024, 01:04:30 PM »

Often Members mention that their urine seems to be affecting the vulva area and irritating VA symptoms.

Thinking about where my pee goes, occasionally it feels acidic when leaving my body, however, I have never been aware of it affecting my vagina - we aren't designed that way  :-\.

d-mannose and cranberry juice R products R discussed here to ease urine-type 'infections'.   Certainly there is no evidence that the latter will make any difference although remaining hydrated is important so drinking enough of what we fancy is important.

I was advised that the 1st pee of the morning may be dark and smelly, as we hydrate during the day the flow should be straw coloured.  Any darker and we need to up the liquid intake, any paler and we should cut back.  Remembering of course that the body draws liquids from everything that we swallow.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 05:39:29 PM by CLKD »

Minusminnie

Re: Urine flow affecting vulva/vagina area
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 03:40:12 PM »

I find that urine can affect my vulva.  When I first had vulva pain I was advised of using various creams at different times which may have made it a bit hypersensitive who knows. I’m now settled on Ovestin regularly on the vulva which helps and using some sort of barrier cream.
I mention about urine on the vulva on here maybe I will now stop if no one else finds it can be a problem  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 04:22:32 PM »

Postmeno3!  there are no theories or Peer Reviewed Research that proves that cranberry juice helps stave off urine infections.  Unless U can find recent Studies?

Patting after a wee or cleansing with tepid water may well help keep the area from becoming affected if the urine is acidic. 

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 05:27:15 PM »

Postmeno3!  this is an open forum where experiences can be shared on any thread that appears. It's up to Members to take experiences on board, shelf or ignore them. 

there are some theories that cranberry juice is the worst thing anyone could possibly take for utis.. R U able to point Members to 'theories' that U R aware of?

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2024, 05:40:59 PM »

That is very confrontational on an open Forum.    Why do Members respond if they don't want any comments  :-\

Jules

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2024, 01:47:33 PM »

Everyone entitled to a view, Minusminnie! Haha!
Indeed, there are some theories that cranberry juice is the worst thing anyone could possibly take for utis. However, I find myself keeping wanting to emphasise the uniqueness of individual experience and the danger of generalising or assumption. I hope this is acceptable as I truly don't want newbies or distressed people being further confused or upset, the last thing needed. If people have direct, personal experience of something, then it seems fair to offer an opinion based on what their own experience of it is/was whilst offering the caveat that it is only their experience. If no direct, personal experience, is it safe/wise to comment?
There are definitely theories and there has been some research and there has been systematic reviews of research but no conclusive evidence for or against. I think there has been some thoughts about cranberry extract rather than juice. I tried various things. Only ABs and estrogen ever got rid of mine though I did start drinking more to keep things flushing through. Like everything, you do whatever helps you don't you. I always buy megaton when I'm run down. It's probably just a placebo effect but who cares.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2024, 02:24:45 PM »

Megaton - that reminds me, my paternal Gran would sit us all down at 11.00 a.m. with a small tot of 'wincanis'.  tonic wine.  Can't buy it now but I have the two small glasses which hold a finger of port ;-)

Jules

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2024, 11:03:15 AM »

Megaton - that reminds me, my paternal Gran would sit us all down at 11.00 a.m. with a small tot of 'wincanis'.  tonic wine.  Can't buy it now but I have the two small glasses which hold a finger of port ;-)

Metatone that should have been.