Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Post hysterectomy problems  (Read 1898 times)

VH007

• First Flush
Post hysterectomy problems
« on: January 12, 2024, 05:02:23 PM »

Hi
I had hysterectomy dec 2022, as I had adenomyosis.

Im now 12 months on and suffering with stomach pain, pain around hips and lower stomach.  I constantly feel like I need a bowel movement and when I do its like I want pass my organs.  Everythings bloated.

They said I have IBS and gave me a load of medication which made me worse.

I am waitingbfor ultra sound.

Im on estragel as in medical menopause.

Anyone suffered similar or have any thoughts on this.  Feel totally fed up with it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Post hysterectomy problems
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 05:34:38 PM »

IBS is usually suggested when they can't think of any other reason for symptoms.   >:(

Have U been back to the surgeon who did the operation?  It may be adhesions pulling.

VH007

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2024, 06:21:40 PM »

They tested hormone levels and sending me for scan.  I asked about referral to hospital but they seem to want have facts before they do :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2024, 07:50:08 PM »

Hormone level blood tests are reliably un-reliable  ::).  Let us know how you get on?

Wrensong

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2024, 11:06:44 AM »

Hi & :welcomemm:  A few thoughts having had hysterectomy & adenomyosis myself.

1) Some women find oestradiol causes significant fluid retention.  Do you think this could be behind the bloating?

2) Oestradiol can also slow digestive transit for some women.  I imagine you've tried to manage the bowel issues by tweaking diet if need be, plenty of fluid, exercise etc?

3) Have you seen a women's physio for pelvic floor assessment?  The pain & difficulty emptying bowels could indicate probs with PF function.
If you haven't already got one there's a fab product called Squatty Potty which is not quite as it sounds, but a kind of stool stool(!) you place your feet on to elevate the legs whilst on the throne, bringing the relevant bits of internal anatomy into optimal alignment for more complete empytying  :o.   If I'm not selling it with that sexy description, trust me, it's worth a google  ;D

4) I take it no endometriosis was found along with the adenomyosis?  The two condtions often go together & if endometriosis was missed it seems possible the unopposed oestrogen (i.e. taken without a form of progesterone to control growth of any remaining plaques) is causing probs with that, resulting in pain & bloating.

The scan in the pipeline seems a good plan.  Have they indicated how long the wait for it?
Wx
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 04:17:13 PM by Wrensong »