Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Cyclogest and Lutigest Update.  (Read 970 times)

Kathleen

Cyclogest and Lutigest Update.
« on: January 11, 2024, 12:58:39 PM »

Hello ladies.

Just a quick update from me on the above.

I saw the Senior Nurse Practitioner at my surgery today and she confirmed that they do not prescribe either of the above
progesterones, not surprisingly they favour Utrogestan. 
I have been with Newson Health since 2020 but I now want my GP surgery to prescribe my HRT so I will need to try Utrogestan again. I had also been using Sandrena gel but when I ran out of sachets in November I began using some Oestrogel that I had and were still in date.

For the next few weeks I will continue with 2 pumps of Oestrogel daily and add in the Utrogestan at bedtime.

I honestly don't know if I am Progesterone intolerant or not, I have never felt fabulous on HRT which may be due to Oestrogen levels, who knows? The fact that I began HRT in post meno meant that I never did the two weeks of Oestrogen followed by two weeks of Oestrogen and progesterone and when I came off HRT in 2019 I tapered off progesterone first. I am hoping that this latest experiment goes okay and I am keeping everything crossed! The SNP did say that I must keep her updated and if Utrogestan is a problem she would recommend that I increase the gel to three pumps a day.

I will pass on anything that I learn ladies but for now I am back to the drawing board. Wish me luck!

Take care everyone.

K.

discogirl

Re: Cyclogest and Lutigest Update.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 05:23:39 PM »

Hi Kathleen

It must be a 'where you live thing' as when I was on hrt my gp happily prescribed cyclogest.

Best of luck though xxx