Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Help needed please  (Read 1382 times)

loopyloo321

• First Flush
Help needed please
« on: January 10, 2024, 05:34:58 PM »

For about 2 years I have suffered from forgetfullness and hot flushes and night sweats. Which is basically all I thought p/menopause was.

Last year in work, I was with a different member of staff. She more or less made my anxiety/depression worse by constantly belittling me, saying other staff had complained about me (they hadn't). I obviously told management but instances continued.  I carried on going to work (caring role so didnt feel happy leaving my patient) to her care.  I felt that I didnt matter and was continuously crying in work and home.

Anyway I wouldnt be working with her for much longer so tried to carry on, then found out she would be with my child for the next year. When they went on a taster day with her, I fell apart in work and was accused of being drunk.  I was confused, stumbling, slurring, red faced. 

There is no way I would be drunk early in the morning at my place of work, I have a severely disabled child who takes meds and needs total bodily care etc, I also drive to work with my other son who I would never risk.  My husband was with me too that morning and knows I wasnt drinking but that I was worried about my son.

When I saw My Gp and spoke to Occu Health they both said could be my meds were not strong enough any more, it was my age (!) 47, bullying made my health worse/intensified.

I didnt realise all these symptoms work described on that day could be related in anyway to menopause.

I have been suspended since July last year with no contact until I requested in November as I felt adrift/ no support.  Still none really?

They are taking further disciplinary action, though they are aware of bullying/mental health and peri menopause could have possibly affected me?

Could this have been menopausal/panic/anxiety symptoms or am I just crazy?

Thanks
I felt so confused, watching myself in that situation and not being able to help/change myself.... Any advice would be great.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Help needed please
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024, 05:40:24 PM »

The peri-menopause symptoms cannot be held against you in your job.  {which is ? }

Does your place of employment have a Union, who do you answer to on a daily basis?

Your husband can make a plan with you to present to the manager of your Company.  Do U have e-mails that you can refer to or text messages?

loopyloo321

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2024, 05:50:06 PM »

Teaching assistant

In a Union.  Have been putting things together to present to work (from Professionals comments GP etc, been searching information on the internet which led me here).

Unfortunately my job depends on balance of probabilities not if true or untrue?

They requested police took me home, I wasnt breathalysed by them which they would have done, if they believed accusation, as Id driven to work?

Ive never had any accusations like this and worked since I was 16.   :'(

VioletAquarius

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2024, 11:16:48 PM »

I was confused, stumbling, slurring, red faced.

Surely if they thought you were [this] drunk they would have smelt drink on you. This is a question I would be asking these people....

« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 11:20:31 PM by VioletAquarius »

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2024, 07:57:17 AM »

What a horrible time you are going through. What exactly are you being accused of if further disciplinary action is being taken? How many meetings have you had so far with your union rep.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

loopyloo321

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2024, 08:58:17 AM »

They said they could, but I 100% didnt have anything to drink.

I did have  a couple of glasses of wine the night before (which I told them) but nothing else.  I dont understand why I would smell so badly for them to think that? My hygiene hasnt been great as I have let myself go due to not liking myself the last year or so but that would be more sweaty/musty?

Thanks for your replies, dont worry Ill be okay.   :thankyou:

VioletAquarius

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2024, 09:59:17 PM »

Do, or could you, have diabetes?  Apparently diabetes can cause breath to smell of alcohol.

Also, low blood sugar can cause stumbling/dizziness, confusion etc...and low blood sugar is sometimes connected with Diabetes.  This is just a thought, I would get checked out for this, even if its to rule it out.

Have you Googled why your breath could smell of alcohol when haven't drunk anything, see if anything comes up that could possibly be an answer for you.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 10:48:15 PM by VioletAquarius »

loopyloo321

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2024, 04:27:10 PM »

I had a blood test after the incident and that came back fine, think that would have shown up if I was Diabetic?

Also I drove to work but the police took me home and they didnt breathalyse me? The police were more worried about me emotionally cos I had a sort of breakdown and that Id been bullied at work more or less for the whole year. 

Google hasnt shown much really.... :(

Thanks for the reply though.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2024, 05:39:35 PM »

GOOGLE won't - what R U searching for exactly.  Even a teaching assistant cannot be sacked due to menopause symptoms. 

I think that you should visit your GP for a full examiantion/blood tests so that you have something concrete to relate.  Also your employer should have a graded process but I would go to the Head of School, taking someone with me, for a discussion.

VioletAquarius

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2024, 11:25:39 PM »

I had a blood test after the incident and that came back fine, think that would have shown up if I was Diabetic?

It would only show up if they actually tested for diabetes. I would ask what they tested for, and if they didn't test for it request that they do.

Have a read up on auto-brewery syndrome, could this be a possibility?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 11:32:57 PM by VioletAquarius »