Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Viruses are not like they used to be  (Read 8630 times)

Ayesha

Re: Viruses are not like they used to be
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2024, 03:56:19 PM »

Viruses do mess with so much of your system that's for sure.
I will take the advice on board, I am using a nasal spray and an infrared lamp I hope will help, and hopefully not need the antibiotics.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2024, 03:59:39 PM »

And rest ;-).

Taz2

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2024, 06:22:45 PM »

Well! - that was an interesting thread - I feel I need a lie down now  :o
Ayesha -  :hug:

Well it was bedtime when you commented so legit time to lie down 🤣

That's true Penguin 😂. The cockapoo sits right in front of me at 10pm every night as much as to say....."time for all 60yr olds (nearly!) to be tucked up  ;D"
Whoops! That's the time I pop up the pub and I'm almost 70. 😂

Omg Taz2, I'm 'only' 49 and after 9pm is a late night for me 🙈🤣
Tbf though, the early waking I get since starting peri means I am so knackered by the time the kids go to bed, I need to go fo bed myself to make sure I get enough hours in! Vicious circle 🤣🙈
. I've always been the same I'm afraid. I hate going to bed the same day I wake up. Five hours has been my norm but nowadays we know it's not good for us. My sons are always complaining that I wake them up when I WhatsApp them after midnight.  ;D

ElkWarning

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2024, 07:59:33 PM »

Some strange viruses doing the rounds and I seem to have got myself one. Gone are the days when it was the usual winter cold, flu etc but for two weeks I have started a virus affecting the sinuses, severe pain like raging toothache, so bad I thought I would have to have emergency dental treatment.

Viruses seem to last longer these days or is that another age related thing  ???
Anyways, talking to my niece she has also had this nasty virus that nearly drove her to the dentist so its obviously something that is doing the rounds, I am actually beginning to believe since the Covid jabs, viruses are not like they used to be  ???

This is strange. Back in October I had a bit of a cold (sniffles really) that morphed into an ear infection. Doctor prescribed ear drops, at first it seemed to settle, then one night I developed an excruciating toothache. I've literally never had toothache in my life, and thought I was going to lose my mind ...

Doctor then prescribed oral antibiotics as the infection was moving all down one side of my face. This cleared it up. But then I developed acid / burpy thing (which I assumed was related to the antibiotics) and drank my own body weight in yakult.

Very fatigued for 2-3 weeks, but perked up once school broke up.

It was just very strange to have a runny nose become a crashing toothache.

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2024, 09:57:08 AM »

There are so many nerves in the face and small blood vessels which can be affected by cold winds etc..  Referred pain can be difficult to trace, hence the feeling of tooth aches.  Was it pain in the upper jaw ?

Ayesha

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2024, 10:16:55 AM »

Yes, the upper jaw then felt pain all round that area.
I am off to the dentist this afternoon, so lucky to get a cancellation, and at least a toothache will either be ruled in or out. I am going to feel a right chump if it turns out I need a filling  ::)

Ayesha

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2024, 10:21:12 AM »

This is strange. Back in October I had a bit of a cold (sniffles really) that morphed into an ear infection. Doctor prescribed ear drops, at first it seemed to settle, then one night I developed an excruciating toothache. I've literally never had toothache in my life, and thought I was going to lose my mind ...

Doctor then prescribed oral antibiotics as the infection was moving all down one side of my face. This cleared it up. But then I developed acid / burpy thing (which I assumed was related to the antibiotics) and drank my own body weight in yakult.

Very fatigued for 2-3 weeks, but perked up once school broke up.

It was just very strange to have a runny nose become a crashing toothache.

When I was talking on the phone to the dentist I could tell I sounded very sinusey (if that's a word) so I am thinking that's what it is and will have to get it sorted as like you taking painkillers also have their side effects.

Minusminnie

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2024, 10:53:35 AM »

I am off to the dentist this afternoon, so lucky to get a cancellation, and at least a toothache will either be ruled in or out.

You may find the dentist won’t be able to quite do that.  I spent some time years ago going between the dentist and the GP with sinus problem especially on one side and tooth sensitivity. GP would at times give me erythromycin or say go to the dentist dentist would send me back to the GP.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 12:44:12 PM by Minusminnie »

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2024, 12:50:41 PM »

5 years ago after surgical intervention my trigenimal neuralgia returned  :o so our Dentist talked to others and no one realised what it was causing the pain until I twigged  ::).  Fortunately it settled, it had been triggered by the pushing/pulling in the top jaw. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Sinusitis is painful - 'itis' = infection.  As in tonsillitis, appendicitis etc..

Ayesha

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2024, 05:13:01 PM »

Trust me to be the awkward one. It appears I have a crown with a dying tooth underneath that will either require root canal work costing £800 and possibly carried out in hospital as it goes very deep, or I could have the tooth taken out.
I have decided to have it out as its right at the back and really at my age its something that doesn’t bother me.  Also we are moving soon and that money will help pay for the blinds we will need in our new house, which has lots of windows.

I am on antibiotics and he will reassess how I feel at the next appointment, his priority is to get me out of the pain I am in. I feel lucky I got a cancellation appointment today otherwise I would have been waiting for a virus/sinusitis episode to abate.
Just to also say, I would advise anyone with similar symptoms to always see your dentist first when its anything to do with the mouth, especially as it’s all so closely connected to the sinuses.

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2024, 05:36:14 PM »

:thankyou:

Sorted!  I too would opt for extraction.  Root canal may/not work anyway.  Did he suggest pain relief as well as ABs, my Dental did the 1st implant surgery under AB cover. 

Ayesha

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2024, 07:50:11 PM »

Pain relief is working very well but its needed every 4 hours. A mix of Ibruprofen & paracetamol, Co-codamol & paracetamol or I will take just two paracetamol. That is the regime depending on how bad the pain is at any one time. 
I like the co-codamol because it gives me constipation which then gives me the excuse to have dark chocolate that otherwise would have me running to the loo, there's always good that comes out of bad!  ;D

But seriously, not good to be on constant pain killers and will be glad to get rid of the tooth!   

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2024, 07:58:50 PM »

All medication is designed to work in the moment, hopefully once the tooth is out you can rely on pain relief when necessary.  I can't tolerate co-anything!

I'm with you on the chocolate .........

fiftyplus

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2024, 09:10:32 PM »

Ayesha, Nuromol (combination of nurofen & paracetomol all in one) may help - must be taken with food first though - they were the only thing that helped my son and took the edge of the pain when he had an infected wysdom tooth xx  :foryou:

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2024, 10:02:29 PM »

:thankyou:  50+
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6