Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Is this normal range or not?  (Read 1629 times)

KaraShannon

Is this normal range or not?
« on: January 07, 2024, 12:06:14 AM »

Hi all

I had, for me, a bit of a weird episode today and as I've said before, always after using vaginal oestrogen.  It doesn't make sense but definitely seems to be happening for me.

I'm worrried about my brain function at these times.

I was with my elderly mother and she has a tendency to talk 9 to the dozen and seems to want your constant engagement, even if you are trying to do something like cook or make a cup of coffee, etc.

So I was in her kitchen, which is just off her living room, trying to make coffee but she was talking the whole time and I was walking back in to respond, then back to the kitchen, repeatedly.  It's only a short space but it's significant.

At some point I got irritated because I seemed to be opening cupboards and not finding the coffee.  I remember going back into the kitchen after talking to her and then saying 'where is your coffee, it's not in any of the cupboards!'  She told me which one it was in, not the usual one by the kettle and I said that no, it's not there. 

She then came in, went to that cupboard and sure enough it was there.  What's more as soon as I saw the packet (Kenko bag) I remembered I'd just used it and had put it in the cups already!

I explained it away saying that I had been looking for ages beforehand as it wasn't in the same place as the sugar and not anywhere near the kettle where it used to be, but I think we were both astounded that I'd already used it and then saying I couldn't find it. 

This is out of character for me, I rarely make mistakes like this (not blowing my trumpet here it's just not me).

I can still explain it due to having been searching for ages before that and then mum keep talking so I kept having the leave the kitchen , but still, it's not really me. 

What bothers me is the other day I used the vaginal oestrogen and I got up out of the seat thinking I'd go for a walk and for a moment I didn't know which way town would be from where I was.  It lasted a second and then I realised of course I was at mum's and I had to go out and turn right, but this cannot be explained by me being at her's as I'm often there and I often walk from there.  It was a split second moment of confusion.  Only a second, but always after vaginal oestrogen. 

It's scary.

The other thing that happens more generally is that I'm very 'speedy' at these times, a bit irritable and very 'busy' and restless.  If left to my own devices I would blitz the house, which I wouldn't normally have the energy for, so in some ways I feel better but those little errors scare me. 

What do other's think?  I know vaginal oestrogen is not supposed to get into the blood stream, but I definitely only have this reaction to vaginal oestrogen, not the patches.  And if it's not that, it's migraine.  I have wondered if it's just lowering my threshold for migraine and those errors are more to do with that than anything serious (or a warning of something serious)  :-\

dangermouse

Re: Is this normal range or not?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 04:19:49 PM »

As application to the vagina is via the mucous membranes then it definitely hits the bloodstream! It’s one of the quickest ways to get meds to the bloodstream (eg. Aspirin under tongue).

I too cannot tolerate vaginal oestrogen as I immediately feel it and I get very moody and snappy, as well as it making me wake bolt upright at 3am every night. I only tried it (for the second time) as I had tried some full on HRT a few weeks before which triggered awful vaginal irritation. The same happened when my oestrogen levels naturally fell after peri, tried oil based one then and got ridiculous thirst every night. Fortunately, once oestrogen had fallen the symptoms disappeared. I think for those on HRT they will always have VA symptoms as the oestrogen frequently hits and leaves their system.

Another reason I would not take oestrogen (in any form) again, had only tried it as my 80 year old mum has osteopenia (although now know normally for that age) so I got concerned and thought would give one last try.

Your memory would also have been affected by focusing on so many things at once, I have done similar.

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 04:21:31 PM by dangermouse »

KaraShannon

Re: Is this normal range or not?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 12:45:50 AM »

Thanks Dangermouse

I wonder what is happening though, with my brain.  Yes a lot of people might forget in that situation but I never really do, I tend to do a lot of multi tasking, although I think my mother was being particularly talkative (as I've been busy recently and less able to sit and absorb all her words!) and I was less tolerant due to the oestrogen having made me 'efficient' and wanting to get things done. 

I must give Ovestin more of a try then, at least externally.  I've not used it much yet as I've lost it.  long story, lol