Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Progesterone sensitivity help pl.  (Read 1329 times)

deborahlf73

• First Flush
Progesterone sensitivity help pl.
« on: January 05, 2024, 04:26:03 PM »

Hello. I am 50 years old. I’ve been on HRT for nearly 10 years. I have Estro gel And the pessary version of the progesterone. I was taking 200 mg for seven days a month. They still made me very anxious and had bad reactions.
Since I’ve had a new hip, I’ve been off HRT for three months and my anxiety and hot and cold flushes have come back with a vengeance.  I am going to the doctors tomorrow. 
Would anybody recommend the marina coil with it being a lower dose? Would that be better for me? Or is there an anxiety tablet that would be good to go alongside the HRT I have had before? I think I would have to go back to a daily tablet as I am now well past my periods.  I just want to feel normal and not paranoid. And not have the hot flushes.  Thank you in advance any help

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Progesterone sensitivity help pl.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 04:44:42 PM »

:welcomemm:  If U put 'mirena coil' into the search box threads will pop up.  Make notes ;-)

As for an anti-anxiety medication some do take something along with HRT.  MayB think which symptom you would like to ease first, something to discuss with the Doctor   [on a Sat ?? ]

Some antidepressant medication ease hot flushes, 'venlafaxine' springs to mind.

Let us know how you get on.

deborahlf73

• First Flush
Re: Progesterone sensitivity help pl.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 10:54:26 PM »

Thankyou. I’ll have a look. Yes our doctors have Saturday service. In the midlands. At a reach out surgery.

I’ll see what he recommends. Thank you for the recommendation. I’ll look into it. Something that will do. Both the anxiety and the hot flushes would be great.  And I should try to pluck  up the courage to try the marina coil.