Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Viral cough and feeling generally yuk  (Read 5472 times)

Elliebee

Viral cough and feeling generally yuk
« on: January 02, 2024, 02:13:11 PM »

Has anyone had this horrible viral dry, tickly cough and sore throat that’s doing the rounds? I’m currently feeling yuk with this and barely sleep at night due to coughing fits. Only been a few days but I’m drained already! Any magic cures?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Viral cough and feeling generally yuk
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 04:32:15 PM »

Sleep.  Keep warm and hydrated.  And have  :foryou: and  :bighug: as well as keeping out of everyone's way until 3 days after symptoms subside.  So that U don't pass 'it' on.  There's a lot of 'it' about!

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 04:42:44 PM »

No cures to offer I'm afraid .My partner is almost ok now having had similar symptoms for over two weeks. It made him feel really rough. I hope you soon start to feel better.

Taz x

Elliebee

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2024, 05:43:09 PM »

Thank you ! I’m not good at resting and very impatient!😬 Got a thumping headache now - across top of head.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2024, 05:46:17 PM »

Have some liquid, often headaches are due to dehydration.  Listen to your body, a virus needs to work its way through the system.    Viruses won't disappear overnight  >:( so doze, read, have a deep bubble bath and rest.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2024, 05:57:11 PM »

You only have to rest if you feel you need to. My partner is not a rester either but he didn't have much choice. His mind said one thing and his body had other ideas.

Taz x

Elliebee

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2024, 06:06:37 PM »

I’ve had a very lazy day.  Going to have a bath and early night . Problem is the cough gets worse at night and I can’t sleep. CLKD I’m drinking lots of water plus hot water, lemon and honey. With all the fluids I’m peeing non stop so either coughing or peeing ! 🤣

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2024, 06:18:41 PM »

With all the fluids I’m peeing non stop so either coughing or peeing ! 🤣
......or both......🤣

Elliebee

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2024, 06:30:32 PM »

With all the fluids I’m peeing non stop so either coughing or peeing ! 🤣
......or both......🤣

Indeed ! 🤣

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2024, 09:19:46 PM »

Hope that you manage to sleep!

Elliebee

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2024, 09:24:19 PM »

Hope that you manage to sleep!
[/quote)

Will prop myself up with pillows , dose up with paracetamol and 🤞 Had a lovely bath and now in bed with one of my cats and a good book.

Booroo

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2024, 07:14:22 AM »

Has anyone had this horrible viral dry, tickly cough and sore throat that’s doing the rounds? I’m currently feeling yuk with this and barely sleep at night due to coughing fits. Only been a few days but I’m drained already! Any magic cures?

Currently have! My son and I had covid approx 3 weeks ago and.now after having the sinus thing have dry throats and nasal and coughing fits day and night then watery eyes ,proper pain in the preverbial backside hope it goes away soon

Jules

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2024, 12:00:36 AM »

I've had it twice within a month over Christmas.  Make sure you're getting enough vitamins and maybe take supplements.  We all should be taking vitamin D as we don't get enough sun but also vitamin C. I take a B complex and zinc too. My pharmacist recommended

KaraShannon

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2024, 01:47:34 PM »

I’ve had a very lazy day.  Going to have a bath and early night . Problem is the cough gets worse at night and I can’t sleep. CLKD I’m drinking lots of water plus hot water, lemon and honey. With all the fluids I’m peeing non stop so either coughing or peeing ! 🤣

Hope you're feeling a bit better Elliebee.  I've got this cough too but it's mild, but I feel a bit rubbish.

And yes, all the things they tell you to do to stay healthy are also all the things that affect the body, like drink plenty, yeah right then plenty of exercise and you're out walking and bladder has filled right up (I'm sure that didn't happen pre - menopause, it took longer!)  ;D

Elliebee

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2024, 06:36:24 PM »

Hi Karashannon
I’m much better now thank you but it did take a couple of weeks to feel normal. Just got PMS symptoms now and hoping my period starts in next few days !!
I hope your cough eases.
Pages: [1] 2