Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Latest covid symptoms  (Read 1478 times)

KaraShannon

Latest covid symptoms
« on: December 31, 2023, 02:59:06 PM »

Hi all

does anyone think they've had the most recent covid that's doing the rounds over the holidays?

How did it affect you?  I've ran out of tests now.  I've had some weird symptoms for about 4 days.  Feelings of low blood sugar (corrected when eaten, but I don't usually get this, I thought I was going down with flu in the supermarket but then it lifted), diarrhoea, palpitations a couple of nights ago.  Feeling a bit stronger today but whenever I've been hit with covid in the past it's began with diarrhoea, not used to this, I was someone who didn't really know what that was until a couple of years ago  :( ;D  slight cough and slight runny nose but that's it.  Sleep is very deep and not wanting to get up (worse than usual).

I might see if someone can get me a test today

Dierdre

Re: Latest covid symptoms
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2023, 03:50:09 PM »

Think the symptoms are all you have been having, anything goes. Some have the cold and cough, some diarrhoea and gastric upset. Even when you do test it doesn't show positive unless you take at the peak of it so I wouldn't waste your money, unless you need to test if living or working with someone vunerable.
There's lots of the old viruses and flu doing the rounds too so it could be anything.
Hope you feel better soon.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2023, 08:23:35 PM »

I had it for the third time around three weeks ago. This time there was no fever. I had aching muscles, chills, nausea, upset stomach, really incapacitating fatigue and insomnia. Testing is often not positive now until around day 5 of symptoms apparently.
Taz x

Bella247

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2023, 08:49:50 PM »

I’ve been testing negative but I’m convinced I’ve had Covid. I’ve had a horrific  cough weirdly followed by a really sore throat and now upset tummy. It started off with really bad body aches. I’ve been sick since Christmas Eve and I’m over it now! I’m wondering if the tests really do detect all variants. My cousin’s little boy had Covid and she didn’t leave the house for a week. It was only 5 days into feeling unwell she tested positive

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2024, 05:51:25 PM »

Hello ladies.

I understand that the latest COVID variant only  shows positive after four days.  It seems some people are testing once and getting a negative result but when testing again it is showing positive.

I hope this helps in some way.

Take care everyone.

K.

Autumnwalks

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2024, 06:20:54 PM »

I've been told that eye problems- itching and soreness is a symptom this time. I could be testing all the time with diarrhoea as with my meds I have that a couple of days every week at least. :o

KaraShannon

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2024, 01:56:23 AM »

I had it for the third time around three weeks ago. This time there was no fever. I had aching muscles, chills, nausea, upset stomach, really incapacitating fatigue and insomnia. Testing is often not positive now until around day 5 of symptoms apparently.
Taz x

Thanks Taz

I had all but the aching muscles.  I always have insomnia though these days, but the waking was very, very difficult and it's not usually like that.

I didn't know that about testing!

KaraShannon

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2024, 02:08:41 AM »

Think the symptoms are all you have been having, anything goes. Some have the cold and cough, some diarrhoea and gastric upset. Even when you do test it doesn't show positive unless you take at the peak of it so I wouldn't waste your money, unless you need to test if living or working with someone vunerable.
There's lots of the old viruses and flu doing the rounds too so it could be anything.
Hope you feel better soon.

I wish I'd read this before buying the test, lol.  Ah well, I was partly just hoping it wasn't all menopause as that seems the more permanent problem  ;D but I think now it was something else as I'm recovering.

KaraShannon

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2024, 02:57:20 AM »

I’ve been testing negative but I’m convinced I’ve had Covid. I’ve had a horrific  cough weirdly followed by a really sore throat and now upset tummy. It started off with really bad body aches. I’ve been sick since Christmas Eve and I’m over it now! I’m wondering if the tests really do detect all variants. My cousin’s little boy had Covid and she didn’t leave the house for a week. It was only 5 days into feeling unwell she tested positive

Thanks Bella, I know what you mean, I've been convinced in the past but the test was negative just due to timing of getting it etc.

KaraShannon

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2024, 03:07:59 AM »

Thanks Katherine, worth knowing, especially as I have a box of tests now

and AutumnWalks I kind of understand what you're saying as I've had a number of bouts of diarrhoea since 2020, it seemed to always precede a chest infection or covid (we weren't sure which in the beginning without the tests) but I still don't know if the hrt (started around then) made me susceptible to it as before then I never had it.  So yeah, I wonder about that, probably partly why I'm wondering about covid, as I would rather it had an explanation.  But covid is here to stay, if its that I just hope I gradually lose that symptom!

Dierdre

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2024, 10:12:26 AM »

Hello ladies.

I understand that the latest COVID variant only  shows positive after four days.  It seems some people are testing once and getting a negative result but when testing again it is showing positive.

I hope this helps in some way.

Take care everyone.

K.

That makes testing useless then if someone has already had it 4 days and been contagious, thinking they're safe to mix with people. I suppose the only safe way is to confine yourself if you have any illness but that's impossible if you have to work etc.

HellsBells

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2024, 10:52:19 AM »

Worth testing in case anyone gets long Covid and needs a diagnosis. I've heard that just under 30% of people get a cough now so it's getting harder to spot.