Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: palpitations night before period anyone?  (Read 1850 times)

KaraShannon

palpitations night before period anyone?
« on: December 30, 2023, 02:40:04 AM »

does anyone else get palpiations the night before your period if you are still menstruating (or have it due to hrt)?

been having palpitations for the last half an hour, they feel like things I had in 2019 before starting hrt.  I've been lowering my estradiol recently, gradually, as it's too high.  Just wondering if it's that or just prior to this particular period.  I can feel uterine contractions already and well, we've just had a full moon  ;D

KaraShannon

Re: palpitations night before period anyone?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2023, 02:50:31 AM »

Or it could be the marmite.  I can't eat foods high in tyramine and I bought marmite today to put on bread as I'd been out and there was nothing else at home.  I remembered thinking there was a reason I hadn't had it in a long time.  This might be it.

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2023, 09:51:49 AM »

Hello KaraShannon

I also had plenty of palpitations prior to going on HRT. This makes me think it may be your body reacting to reduced oestrogen.

My palpitations stopped a long time ago but I still have the jittery, internal shaking feeling at times. I think this is due to my lowish dose of Oestrogel however I am hoping that my body adjusts at some point as I don't want to increase from two pumps of I can help it.

I love marmite but I have never heard of tyramine or its effects. It is loaded with B vitamins however and they are supposed to help with histamine levels.

Take care.

K.

KaraShannon

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2023, 01:35:50 AM »

Thanks Kathleen

I didn't know that about B vitamins lowering histamine levels.  It might not have been the marmite after all.  I went on a very long walk, way longer than usual and then I ate very little.  I was still a bit jittery today and opened up some bread that I'd bought at the supermarket and began eating it (though I wasn't hungry) and the jitteriness stopped very quickly.  I think somehow I've affected my blood sugar.  Tests for diabetes are always negative.  Anyway I'm loads better tonight.