Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Facial skin texture  (Read 1750 times)

SarahT

Facial skin texture
« on: December 27, 2023, 08:31:17 PM »

Am a bit annoyed my skin is really changing texture. It's always been sensitive and month dry side, luckily not wrinkled ( laughter lines is how I like to think of the faint bits around my eyes). So, got an effective eye cream BUT the whole texture of my face seems kind of tiny pits( not like acne scars)  almost especially in the forehead. Almost dimpled texture.
I look after my skin, always have done, exfoliate with a very gentle product ( Lush) but don't know if I can do anything about the pitting?

Anyone else have similar and know what to do about it?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Facial skin texture
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023, 08:51:52 PM »

I've never had time to keep to a regime of any sort: wash face in warm water with soap.  Lightly dry.  Bath in the evening, pretty similar.

Could you be exfoliating too often? 

SarahT

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2023, 08:56:00 PM »

Damn, CLKD,
If only my skin was as understanding as yours! No, I have only begun exfoliating for about 3 weeks with an exceptionally sensitive exfoliator. I do so about twice a week. Or whenever I remember to be honest... I use a gentle toner, then moisturiser, again both for sensitive skins. This ' Pitting' has been going on for about 8 months or so.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2023, 09:01:25 PM »

Isn't it known as orange peel skin?  :-\

Taz x

SarahT

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2023, 07:42:39 AM »

On that's a better description. Come to think of it I did used to have that on my upper arms and thighs.
Guess it's another joy of peri/ageing😡 good job my hair covers much of my face. It's just annoying thing, I've always looked after my skin ( see huge collection of half used products in bathroom) I don't do make up as a rule and don't fancy covering it up as I prefer tinker the skin breathe. Sigh. Still, just a niggly thing rather than a problem as such

Penguin

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2023, 08:21:38 AM »

Could you be putting too much on your skin and maybe need to let it breathe a bit? Products for mature skin tend to be heavier to combat dryness but perhaps you need something lighter?

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2023, 08:29:16 AM »

It can seem almost vain to worry over such a trivial thing such as our complexion in these days of what seems to be world turmoil but our appearance is an important part of our self esteem. I have severe rosacea which developed out of nowhere around five years ago. It's left my facial skin with loads of tiny broken veins so I look like I've had a really hard outdoor life. My dad had the same complexion and I realise now that he did have rosacea and it wasn't just that he was out in all weathers. I'm not good at piling on loads of make up but it does affect my confidence so I know how you feel, Sarah, over your changing skin. There is lots online about orange peel facial skin and I think micro needling is mentioned.

Taz x

ElkWarning

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2023, 09:14:55 AM »

Yeah, I have this, orange peel facial skin.  My daughter got me a couple of products that seemed to stop it / maybe even improve it.  One was retinol drops (but follow instructions carefully), I can't quite remember what brand but something vegan and organic.  And she also got me using bondi sands spf face cream over the top of my regular moisturiser.  It's cheap.  I use it every day.  On top of this, I occasionally go for aromatherapy facials (once every few months or something).  I could be kidding myself, but my pores appear to be getting tighter and my skin a bit more glowy.

SarahT

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2023, 10:56:54 AM »

Thanks for the input ladies,

Yep it does sound a bit vain and unimportant in the great scheme of things but I am seriously not high maintenance, so healthy good skin is important.
I do suffer in cold wind weather but ( so far) the red skin stays at bay. Now I know the name of it ( thanks Taz) I can I investigate more. Yes I am careful not too use anything too heavenly rich as it will clog the skin.
I did get a new night cream with retinol actually which is still quite light in texture.But an aromatherapy facial sounds like a dream idea. If nothing else just the pure pampering makes us feel so good.

Thanks all, I shall begin researching x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2023, 01:22:46 PM »

Skin is meant to breathe.  As we age might lack of oestrogen cause this type of pitting condition?

Let us know how you get on. 

The thought of wearing mascara these days is a big no  ::)

Penguin

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2023, 02:42:07 PM »

Do you ever massage your face, Sarah? It might be worth investing in a good quality facial oil,  learning some techniques on YouTube and doing that once or twice a week? Worse case is it'll feel nice, but I'd imagine increased blood flow to skin surface may help texture too.

SarahT

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2023, 07:19:29 PM »

That's a good idea Penguin.  Like many of us I have neglected myself a bit. You know how it is, we are all things to all people and sometimes spending time on ourselves seems too much of a luxury.  Which is totally wrong. As Taz said, it can be a vital part to our self esteem. And it we can make ourselves feel a tiny bit better that can surely have a knock on effect on other  parts of our lives.

So I will indeed look into facial massage. Thanks again all

Scottish lass

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2023, 03:34:08 PM »

My skin has never been crystal clear but I now have horrendous acne and red angry flaky areas which don't respond to a moisturizer. I am so self conscious of it especially when people comment on it

Taz2

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2023, 03:56:58 PM »

Hi Scottish Lass are you sure it actually is acne and not rosacea?

Taz x

Scottish lass

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2023, 07:12:42 PM »

hi Taz2 I have had laser treatment for this year's ago 😭 another thing back to haunt me. Can I swap this and make VA for a simple night swear I don't sleep well anyway and it would lower my heating bill
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 07:15:24 PM by Scottish lass »
Pages: [1] 2