Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello I’m new here  (Read 1188 times)

NickiL

• First Flush
Hello I’m new here
« on: December 20, 2023, 09:23:01 PM »

Hello I am new here and kind of new to HRT I was put on everol conti but didn’t get on with them so then got moved over to the estrogel and utrogestan, because I’m unable to swallow pills my gp told me I was able to do these vaginally, I was getting on well until a week in to them and I started feeling really sore, inflamed and was urinating a lot, I ended up with a UTI which I hadn’t had one since being pregnant years ago, every time I put a utrogestan up vaginally it would feel that it had inflated inside and I’d feel so sore, after 2 lots of antibiotics my UTI finally went I gave it a week, everything felt back to normal so I decided to try again with my HRT everything was going fine until the first week of my utrogestan nearing the end of week one I was back to square one.

I guessed maybe I may have been allergic to something in the capsule however I’ve had to give up with it all again, I am now having pressure in my pelvis feeling swollen down below and what I would call a fake UTI as my urine strip test keeps coming up negative, I just know it has to be something to do with a component of the HRT and wondering if anyone else has had these problems and got around it somehow or found something better?

I don’t want to give up on HRT cause it helped somewhat but I’m in agony with my pelvis constantly now, I have been taking estriol for VA and I’m going on to my second week of that, GP said it looks like I have VA because  I was shiny and that signals dry.

I’m hoping to get some sort of help and advice for the pain side of it and how to help it and to see if there’s another way I can go, I can’t have the coil as I didn’t get on with it before.

Thanks in advance.

Nicki.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello I’m new here
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 10:20:12 AM »

Morning.   U report a urinary tract infection: was a fresh urine sample sent to a lab to be grown?  It MayB that you have the start of vaginal atrophy.

As oestrogen levels drop so the body may become dry: inside and out; skin, scalp, deep in the ears, eyes, nostrils, vagina, anus .........

Do read the 'bladder issues' and VA threads on the Forum.  Ask away.  4me VA was like razor blades  :o up there, 'ovestin' regularly helped.  The idea is to begin appropriate replacement into the vagina initially for 2-3 weeks every night.  Then as necessary: some require nightly insertion, others cope with every 3rd and 5/6th nights.  There are moistoirors to i.e. 'sylc' or 'yes' products, mayB loo at the websites.

Many use 'vagifem' internally with a smear of 'ovestin' in the outer labial region.  A Trial and Error.  Sometimes when my symptoms niggle I add an insertion of 'ovestin' mid afternoon plus 2 'nurofen' every 3 hours.

Let us know how you get on.

Ayesha

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 10:38:16 AM »

I would concentrate on sorting out your VA and then you can always think again in the future about systemic HRT.

VA progressively gets worse and daily treatment is usually needed until things start to feel better and you can decide for yourself if you want to reduce the application.  It can take weeks or months to feel the effects of the treatment so patience is key, its all trial and error at first.

Put Vaginal Atrophy in the search box, so many informative posts on the subject that I know you will find helpful.

Keep posting and ask away :)

NickiL

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2023, 02:06:18 PM »

Thank you so much, I guess I’ve blamed the utrogestan because that is when it all started but maybe I had the VA prior and the utrogestan has just made matters worse because I’ve become so dry? I take estriol nightly at the moment that seems to really help within minutes but the next day I feel terrible again, I’ve been getting weird pains in my pelvis, lower abdominal and I feel heaviness in my vagina, thank you so much for replying.

NickiL

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2023, 02:10:10 PM »

Morning.   U report a urinary tract infection: was a fresh urine sample sent to a lab to be grown?  It MayB that you have the start of vaginal atrophy.

As oestrogen levels drop so the body may become dry: inside and out; skin, scalp, deep in the ears, eyes, nostrils, vagina, anus .........

Do read the 'bladder issues' and VA threads on the Forum.  Ask away.  4me VA was like razor blades  :o up there, 'ovestin' regularly helped.  The idea is to begin appropriate replacement into the vagina initially for 2-3 weeks every night.  Then as necessary: some require nightly insertion, others cope with every 3rd and 5/6th nights.  There are moistoirors to i.e. 'sylc' or 'yes' products, mayB loo at the websites.

Many use 'vagifem' internally with a smear of 'ovestin' in the outer labial region.  A Trial and Error.  Sometimes when my symptoms niggle I add an insertion of 'ovestin' mid afternoon plus 2 'nurofen' every 3 hours.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you yes a urine sample was sent of it came back inconclusive but on my urine dip test it showed leukocytes 2 lots of antibiotics later and all went, it’s when I started back on the utrogestan vaginally it all started again so I stopped them, with having to stop them I can’t take my estrogel so I’ve just been using estriol vaginally and Ona’s progesterone cream on my skin, I feel a heaviness down below but the estriol really helps within seconds but the next day I’m bad again, doctor said I have VA as I was shiny which shows dryness and she said about scar tissue on my cervix but that could be where I have cervical cells and had that sorted, maybe I should wait to get my VA under control and then look back into doing HRT again.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2023, 03:57:52 PM »

It mayB that the estriol simply isn't strong enough to get the VA under control.  Do ring the surgery B4 C.mas and ask for 'vagifem' and 'ovestin', some GPs still believe that we can overdose the body with oestrogen but that isn't true.

Also do read the book "Me and My Menopausal Vagina" written by a Member of the Forum - avialble from Amazon I think.  Read, buy several copies and pass on ;-).

NickiL

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2023, 04:20:22 PM »

It mayB that the estriol simply isn't strong enough to get the VA under control.  Do ring the surgery B4 C.mas and ask for 'vagifem' and 'ovestin', some GPs still believe that we can overdose the body with oestrogen but that isn't true.

Also do read the book "Me and My Menopausal Vagina" written by a Member of the Forum - avialble from Amazon I think.  Read, buy several copies and pass on ;-).

Thank you can I use those alongside estriol? Can VA cause issues of abdominal discomfort and the pelvis area?

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2023, 04:22:47 PM »

Instead of estriol which I think is the weaker version - a Pharmacist or Nurse Practitioner could tell U the differences.

Yep - when my VA is being a nuisance I feel symptoms below the belly button area ..... which is when I add a dose of 'ovestin' mind afternoon as well as 2 Nurofen 3 times a day.

NickiL

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2023, 08:39:39 PM »

Thank you can I use those alongside estriol? Can VA cause issues of abdominal discomfort and the pelvis area?

It’s crazy how many issues these hormones give, I went to the pharmacy and they did a test and it’s showing a slight uti, I’ve only ever struggled with these when pregnant now I’ve got them constantly, I can’t seem to shift the fact I think the utrogestan has caused this.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2023, 10:18:53 AM »

A slight UTI means nowt.  I wasn't aware that Pharamcies did dip stick tests, did they suggest that a sample be sent to a Lab.?

Get onto the phone today and ask your Surgery for Vagifem and Ovestin.  U don't have to be examined.  VA mimics repeated urine infection-type symptoms really really well!