Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Finally got COVID after all this time and horrible nausea:(  (Read 6929 times)

loonarider

Re: Finally got COVID after all this time and horrible nausea:(
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2023, 03:41:17 PM »

Hope you feel better soon!

For the nausea, when I was pregnant, ginger biscuits helped a little, but the thing that really helped was sherbet lemons (or any boiled sweet with sherbet in the middle).

I love Nairns ginger biscuits, I may order some now.from Amazon :) Thanks!

loonarider

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2023, 03:42:29 PM »

I was going to suggest ginger or even anti-travel sickness tablets such as 'kwells'

How R U both this morning?  I can cope with most things except nausea  >:(

Thanks CKLD,

I'm fine. Not liking the breathlessness that comes and goes. Hope it isn't permanent, but you never know with COVID. :(

Nausea there but not as bad as yesterday x

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2023, 06:02:06 PM »

Hi loonarider. Good to hear from you. Do you have an oximeter to check your oxygen levels? I had breathlessness for three months after my July episode of covid but my actual oxygen levels were normal which I found to be reassuring. I got mine off Amazon as recommended by my GP when I first had covid in July last year.

I tested negative today (day 8) and also received a date for my cardiology appointment requested by my GP in September. That was due to rapid heart rate and palpitations following second covid. That's in January. Will be interesting to see whether the monitor shows up anything.

Taz x

loonarider

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2023, 09:12:05 PM »

Hi loonarider. Good to hear from you. Do you have an oximeter to check your oxygen levels? I had breathlessness for three months after my July episode of covid but my actual oxygen levels were normal which I found to be reassuring. I got mine off Amazon as recommended by my GP when I first had covid in July last year.

I tested negative today (day 8) and also received a date for my cardiology appointment requested by my GP in September. That was due to rapid heart rate and palpitations following second covid. That's in January. Will be interesting to see whether the monitor shows up anything.

Taz x

Yes, I have an oximeter. Oxygen Sat is 99 or 98, but has been mostly 99.

You mentioned heart and now my health anxiety has kicked in.

I did have a basic ecg (they didn't wire it u to my chest, just the legs under armpits to see if my heart was OK and it was normal, but this was on Monday when I first tested myself and had some breatjlessness.

Do you think I should go to the hospital and get another check up. I am worried that I now she heart issues. I was hoping motsince this is "a milder" variant

I'm Sat up in bed with some breathlessness now. Part of me wants to think it will pass and nothing is wrong.

I am scared

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2023, 09:38:03 PM »

I would think your feeling breathless is due to anxiety now as I have upset you and I'm so sorry.

The breathless feeling is normal while you have covid and also for some time afterwards in some people. My referral was because I was experiencing episodes of rapid heart rate plus palpitations two months after covid. If your body is fighting an infection then it is usual to have an increase in blood pressure and heart rate. Are you in bed because you are too weak to get up? I found laying in bed made me feel much worse than sitting up on the sofa so if you are well enough why not try that? Can you watch a tv programme to take your mind off it. Have you got any breathing exercises to try so that you calm your breathing down? Sorry, too many questions!

Taz x

loonarider

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2023, 10:19:12 PM »

I would think your feeling breathless is due to anxiety now as I have upset you and I'm so sorry.

The breathless feeling is normal while you have covid and also for some time afterwards in some people. My referral was because I was experiencing episodes of rapid heart rate plus palpitations two months after covid. If your body is fighting an infection then it is usual to have an increase in blood pressure and heart rate. Are you in bed because you are too weak to get up? I found laying in bed made me feel much worse than sitting up on the sofa so if you are well enough why not try that? Can you watch a tv programme to take your mind off it. Have you got any breathing exercises to try so that you calm your breathing down? Sorry, too many questions!

Taz x

Don't apologize :)

I am just glad someone is chatting with me as it can be so lonely when experiencing symptoms like this.

My partner I sleeping in separate room understandably.

I am really tired and sleepy, this is my usual time to sleep but can't due to breathlessness so I'll distract myself with something. Maybe  watch some star trek.

I use a breathing app called breathe where you have a circle (or any other shape).which shrinks as you exhale and expands as you inhale. 

I'm not sure if it's working but I'll stick with it xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2023, 10:06:38 AM »

How R U Both feeling, any improvements ?  :-\

robotwars

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2023, 09:05:38 PM »

reading this with interest. As I had covid in July 2021 which I later found out caused myocarditis after visiting the cardiologist, said it was bought on by covid. Now I have been ill since end of November. started with a head cold, then followed by just feeling sickly all the time, was continually sucking sweets/mints, now for the last two weeks started with feeling like I had a really bad cold, then shivers, freezing even though I had 2 quilts and a hot water bottle, feel very tired, temperature, nausea feeling comes and goes, went to GP who did ECG and blood test, ECG was ok but bloodiest showed an infection and suggested if didn't feel better to go up to hospital for further tests, but don't want to be stuck there for xmas!!! I'm wondering if its covid and symptoms seem to be same as this thread!!!! how long does it usually last and this is dragging on and on!!!

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2023, 10:17:06 AM »

Morning all.  robotwars - what else did the GP suggest for the infection?  seems 'go to the hospital' for further tests is a bit of a cop-out!  That's the point of blood tests surely?  :-\.  R U feeling the same, worse, better at all?  What with staff strikes and lack of cover over the up-coming holidays, tests might not be processed anyway.

loonarider - R U in bed?  R U exercising your thigh muscles which are the 1st to weaken when any1 has a virus/bed rest?  Keep hydrated and move slowly around the house if possible.  Exercise energises parts of the body we aren't away of ;-).  Viruses certainly sap the body!

Well done Taz - how many days B4 the negative test?  DH was 15 ..........

Taz2

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2023, 12:06:19 AM »

Hi CLKD. The first time I had I tested negative on day 15. It affected my heart rate and blood pressure and I ended up in A&E for a few hours but then all calmed down again. The second time I tested negative on day 10 and this time it was day 8. I have been referred to cardiology due to episodes of rapid heart rate after this last time. I am still feeling nauseous and bloated and have a doctors appointment (yes, a face to face actual proper doctors appointment!) on Wednesday next week to check out why this is happening.

Robotwars - have you tested to see if you are positive? I had covid around three weeks ago I think. I had no cold symptoms only nausea, upset stomach, muscle aches and feeling cold. I had no fever this time at all. The nausea is still there and I can only eat a little amount before I feel so full up. I do have a hiatus hernia though which can cause nausea from time to time. I do hope you feel better soon. It's a shame that as there is evidence of infection you couldn't have been given a broad spectrum antibiotic. I know this is not a good thing but you are obviously suffering. Maybe you could call 111 and see what they suggest? Does your temperature come down with paracetamol and how high is it climbing?

Loonarider - how are you feeling now?

Taz x

robotwars

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2023, 07:07:20 AM »

Im feeling a little better. Have another doctors appointment on 3rd jan.
My temperature was normal yesterday for the first time!! So have everything crossed im finally turning a corner

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2023, 09:33:11 AM »

robotwars - did U use a test kit to check how you are?

Tnx Taz.

Taz2

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2023, 06:15:13 PM »

I found it odd that I didn't have a fever with covid this time. Just shows that the old way of taking people's temperature to check for covid infection no longer works.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2023, 09:08:46 PM »

My first attack in July/Aug started as a head cold, no temp.. Lasted 3 days.  I wouldn't have tested except that DH began with the shivers 4 days later.  We slept for England!

Katejo

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2023, 11:15:10 PM »

I found it odd that I didn't have a fever with covid this time. Just shows that the old way of taking people's temperature to check for covid infection no longer works.

Taz x
I have only had COVID once in Dec 2021. It was very mild. Just like a slight cold and I never had a temperature at all. The cold which I have had this year has been a lot worse because it has lasted so long (7 weeks). I tested for COVID several times but always negative.
Pages: 1 [2]