Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Finally got COVID after all this time and horrible nausea:(  (Read 6932 times)

loonarider

Finally got COVID after all this time and horrible nausea:(
« on: December 13, 2023, 04:27:21 PM »

Hi all,

Caught COVID, I suspect at work. Symptoms begin on Sunday and progressively have been weird since.

Currently in bed, it's kind of mild, some coughing on Sunday and Monday, then on Tuesday, and today I've been so nauseous on the verge of vomiting like I'm pregnant (which I'm not). It comes in waves so catches me off guard.

Shivers, very cold, dizzy, crashing fatigue, all the while coughing up horrible green phlegm.

They say it's milder, well it definitely isn't severe, more annoying because I want to go back to work and generally be active.

It's like a stomach bug and cold rolled into one. Not fun and feel really sorry for myself as recently was burgled, had my car stolen.

Just feel  so sad and out of control.

Does anyone know how long I'm going to be feeling like this? As it's depressing and I hate being I'll alone at home (my partners at work during the day).

Need some advice on what to eat when sick as haven't eaten all day, any remedies? I want to feel better  :'(
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 04:31:07 PM by loonarider »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Finally got COVID after all this time and horrible nausea:(
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2023, 04:39:01 PM »

Did U test for Covid?  In July we tested every 3rd day and it was 15 B4 DH tested negative.  He had chills, we both slept for hours at a time, no energy.  It was our 1st experience.

Keep up the. fluids and paracetamol.

loonarider

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2023, 05:01:46 PM »

Did U test for Covid?  In July we tested every 3rd day and it was 15 B4 DH tested negative.  He had chills, we both slept for hours at a time, no energy.  It was our 1st experience.

Keep up the. fluids and paracetamol.

Hey there CKLD,

Yes tested positive on Monday, took two tests. One just nasal swab, the second nasal and throat both showing strong line in test window..

I'll keep taking the paracetamol l, just trying to keep the nausea at bay to no avail (and post nasal drip which makes me even more sick).

Thanks for.the advice

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2023, 05:25:37 PM »

Hi loonarider. You have my sympathy. I'm just having my third time hosting the wonderful Covid and the symptoms are very different than the last two times.

Nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea are the latest recognised symptoms of the latest strain of covid. Coughs, colds and fever are not as prevalent now. I am on day 7 and still testing positive. I have had no fever or cough. I started with a slightly snuffly nose last Wednesday which progressed to aching limbs and feeling really cold by about lunchtime. Because I had no fever I didn't think it could be covid but tested just out of curiosity as the symptoms were so different than before. I was really shocked when it showed up straight away. Fatigue has been one of my worst symptoms plus insomnia (again a symptom which has come up a lot this time). The nausea and upset stomach is better today (fingers crossed). It seems like this was the "bug" going around the pub three weeks or so ago. Not many people test nowadays so the three people with it just thought they had some sort of virus. Another friend did test on the first day of symptoms but was negative. This made me ponder a bit about how we react to the virus now that we have some immunity. Researching it on the internet I found that the viral load doesn't reach peak until Day 6 after symptoms begin so often a positive result isn't seen until around Day 4. There is discussion about how relevant our rapid tests are nowadays as by the time you get a positive you have had it for quite some time.

I hope that you feel better soon. As for the nausea I found that just having a boiled sweet kept that awful "just about to throw up" feeling at bay.  Also, if I feel nauseous I think that it's my body saying that it has quite enough to deal with at the moment so don't give me something else to cope with. I have had bananas and dry toast for the last few days which worked quite Paracetamol always makes me feel sick but I didn't see the point in taking it anyway as I didn't have a fever. I'm just hoping that I begin to feel better as I've got everyone descending for Christmas (which I absolutely love) including one son who has moved abroad and I've not seen him since July. I just hope my partner doesn't get it.

Taz x  :hug:

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2023, 05:27:31 PM »

Oh both of U!  shows how viruses alter as they mutate  >:(

littleminnie

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2023, 06:15:39 PM »

You have my sympathies.  Dry crackers and dry white toast.  Plain blackcurrant and water is good too.

loonarider

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2023, 06:20:11 PM »

Hi loonarider. You have my sympathy. I'm just having my third time hosting the wonderful Covid and the symptoms are very different than the last two times.

Nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea are the latest recognised symptoms of the latest strain of covid. Coughs, colds and fever are not as prevalent now. I am on day 7 and still testing positive. I have had no fever or cough. I started with a slightly snuffly nose last Wednesday which progressed to aching limbs and feeling really cold by about lunchtime. Because I had no fever I didn't think it could be covid but tested just out of curiosity as the symptoms were so different than before. I was really shocked when it showed up straight away. Fatigue has been one of my worst symptoms plus insomnia (again a symptom which has come up a lot this time). The nausea and upset stomach is better today (fingers crossed). It seems like this was the "bug" going around the pub three weeks or so ago. Not many people test nowadays so the three people with it just thought they had some sort of virus. Another friend did test on the first day of symptoms but was negative. This made me ponder a bit about how we react to the virus now that we have some immunity. Researching it on the internet I found that the viral load doesn't reach peak until Day 6 after symptoms begin so often a positive result isn't seen until around Day 4. There is discussion about how relevant our rapid tests are nowadays as by the time you get a positive you have had it for quite some time.

I hope that you feel better soon. As for the nausea I found that just having a boiled sweet kept that awful "just about to throw up" feeling at bay.  Also, if I feel nauseous I think that it's my body saying that it has quite enough to deal with at the moment so don't give me something else to cope with. I have had bananas and dry toast for the last few days which worked quite Paracetamol always makes me feel sick but I didn't see the point in taking it anyway as I didn't have a fever. I'm just hoping that I begin to feel better as I've got everyone descending for Christmas (which I absolutely love) including one son who has moved abroad and I've not seen him since July. I just hope my partner doesn't get it.

Taz x  :hug:

Thank you Taz,

Great bit of info there.
I'm only on day 4and the thought of dealing with this for a week or more is filling me with dread.

I'm going to try some dry toast/ crackers and mint tea as I'm finding it hard to drink water.

It's tough but it's reassuring when you know you're not alone in this.

I hope tomorrow I feel a little better. I might have to take a rain check with the winter solstice party I've been invited to this weekend.

I hope you'll be fully recovered in time for Christmas and family gatheringss 🙏

loonarider

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2023, 06:25:35 PM »

You have my sympathies.  Dry crackers and dry white toast.  Plain blackcurrant and water is good too.

Than you so much little Minnie ❤️

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2023, 06:27:51 PM »

Yes it's good to have someone else to chat too. Actually you're only on Day 3 as the day you test is counted as Day 0 so it's not so bad still feeling poorly when it's only day 3. The mint tea sounds a good idea.

I hope you wake up feeling much better tomorrow. Do you have a fever?

Taz x

loonarider

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2023, 06:45:07 PM »

Yes it's good to have someone else to chat too. Actually you're only on Day 3 as the day you test is counted as Day 0 so it's not so bad still feeling poorly when it's only day 3. The mint tea sounds a good idea.

I hope you wake up feeling much better tomorrow. Do you have a fever?

Taz x

Had bad fever on Monday and Tuesday, today mode chills, getting very cold that even two quilts couldn't keep me warm.

I got a little.got.still, but not to the point of clammy and sweaty. More low grade now

The crackers my partner just bought now are definitely taking the edge off the nausea xxx

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2023, 09:47:26 PM »

I'm glad that you are feeling less nauseous. I found my first time was the worst so far. The second time in July wasn't pleasant and left me with breathlessness and palpitations for quite some time. Funnily enough I only said to my partner last week that I could finally do my half an hour fast walk without having to stop - the next day I tested positive. That'll teach me to speak too soon.  ;D

I hope that tomorrow you will feel much better than you have today. I'm going to test again in the morning. Fingers crossed.

Taz x

VioletAquarius

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2023, 10:03:28 PM »

Hope you feel better soon!

For the nausea, when I was pregnant, ginger biscuits helped a little, but the thing that really helped was sherbet lemons (or any boiled sweet with sherbet in the middle).

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2023, 09:13:47 AM »

I was going to suggest ginger or even anti-travel sickness tablets such as 'kwells'

How R U both this morning?  I can cope with most things except nausea  >:(

sprush1

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2023, 09:39:18 AM »

Hello Loonarider
Sorry you’ve got Covid.
Feeling nauseous is awful whatever the cause is.
I was told about a miracle product which in my mind is absolutely brilliant. It’s Mineral Tissue Salt the ‘S’ type by New Era. You just put 4/6 small pellets on your tongue and they dissolve in seconds. Within about 5 minutes the nausea has passed. They always work for me.
They cost about£10 and you can get them from the independent health shops. H&B don’t sell them. I get mine online from EBay.

loonarider

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2023, 03:40:32 PM »

I'm glad that you are feeling less nauseous. I found my first time was the worst so far. The second time in July wasn't pleasant and left me with breathlessness and palpitations for quite some time. Funnily enough I only said to my partner last week that I could finally do my half an hour fast walk without having to stop - the next day I tested positive. That'll teach me to speak too soon.  ;D

I hope that tomorrow you will feel much better than you have today. I'm going to test again in the morning. Fingers crossed.

Taz x

I get bouts of breathlessness and its scary. Not like my anxiety type breathlessness which I'm familiar with. A bit different.

I hope it doesn't stay with me forever  :'(
Pages: [1] 2