Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Now Doctor Refuse To Approve Extended Leave From Work  (Read 2598 times)

Cinnamon07

Now Doctor Refuse To Approve Extended Leave From Work
« on: December 04, 2023, 11:26:12 PM »

This is my 3rd post on here, I believe I'm in perimenopause, however, my doctor keeps disregarding me because she said blood test does not support this diagnosis, although she did not run a full hormonal testing on me. She said that the test she ran were normal and will not extend my leave of absence from work (although I still have a month that I can use if needed) to do any further investigation. I feel absolutely horrible physically, however, that does not matter to her and now my daughter and I are going to end up homeless, because I'm on paid leave which ends on 12/9/23 so I will no longer have an income. I told her that my daughter and I are going to end up homeless, and she just shrugged her shoulders. Just needed to vent.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 12:21:14 AM by Cinnamon07 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Now Doctor Refuse To Approve Extended Leave From Work
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2023, 08:38:23 AM »

Sorry to hear that your GP is unsupportive.  Ask for a referral to a dedicated menopause clinic.

AngelaH

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2023, 11:51:45 AM »

Hello Cinnamon,

Is there any possibility to talk to your employer to adjust your working hours to your current situation? Flexible working hours? It really helped me, when I felt too sick to come every day to work, but couldn’t afford to lose a job.

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2023, 01:07:28 PM »

Blood tests don't prove anything re menopause

VioletAquarius

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2023, 09:56:23 PM »

Exactly as jaypo has said, blood tests are so unreliable, as hormones fluctuate throughout the day.  Various doctors have told me this.

Is there another doctor ar your surgery you can see?

Cinnamon07

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2023, 12:05:17 AM »

Exactly as jaypo has said, blood tests are so unreliable, as hormones fluctuate throughout the day.  Various doctors have told me this.

Is there another doctor ar your surgery you can see?

I had an appointment with a new provider today, she said that I could very well be in perimenopause based on my symptoms, and she will extend my work leave until February and longer if needed. She also said that she's going to start completely over, I have to go in tomorrow morning to get blood drawn for over 40 different test🫣 I'm happy I found someone who listens, and validates my concerns, she spent 2 hours, 2 HOURS ! with me. Now I don't think doctors need to talk with their patients for 2 hours, however, the fact that she did, was just absolutely amazing.

Cinnamon07

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2023, 12:06:28 AM »

Sorry to hear that your GP is unsupportive.  Ask for a referral to a dedicated menopause clinic.

Had an appointment today with a new provider that specializes in women's health and I'm very grateful to have found her.

jaypo

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2023, 07:40:24 AM »

Good news that you're getting somewhere  :)

pastie supper

• Far too young to be this old
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2023, 07:41:35 AM »

I had an appointment with a new provider today, she said that I could very well be in perimenopause based on my symptoms, and she will extend my work leave until February and longer if needed. She also said that she's going to start completely over, I have to go in tomorrow morning to get blood drawn for over 40 different test🫣 I'm happy I found someone who listens, and validates my concerns, she spent 2 hours, 2 HOURS ! with me. Now I don't think doctors need to talk with their patients for 2 hours, however, the fact that she did, was just absolutely amazing.
That's amazing, isn't it great to be believed and helped? Some doctors forget why they are there.

I've also had to leave work due to an uncooperative GP who didn't believe that I was in severe pain. It wasn't meno, but secondary osteoarthritis when I was still quite young, 42. If the doctor had believed me then I might have got a pension, it was a government job. Anyway I left work, went private, got diagnosed, all in the wrong order, but the GP sent me away 7 times before I went private! I changed GPs after that, he was horrible, a bully by nature, you could see that in him.

I'm so glad you are getting the help you need and deserve. Of course it could be perimenopause, if our bodies aren't working properly we know and we expect better than the doctor saying there's nothing wrong, arrogant so and so's some of them.