Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Nothing working  (Read 11917 times)

Iamenough

• First Flush
Nothing working
« on: December 04, 2023, 11:19:56 AM »

Hi

Im 46 experiencing body aches, stiffness, joint pain, chronic fatigue, low mood, pms, anxiety, sleep issues.  Ive been on oestrogen and progesterone for a year. I had my tubes removed after my last child 7 years ago which I regret as I think it may have messed up my hormones and given me heavier periods.

I recently moved from 50mcg patches to 2 pumps estradiol and my mood has improved slightly. I think the gel might be absorbing better.
However im still exhausted and sore and ive just been diagnosed with fybromayalgia!
Im not convinced.

Ive been prescribed 10mg amytriptaline at night but im only taking 5mg as I dont want to take it.
Its helping me to sleep through the night but im still tired.

Doctor says my estrogen and testosterone are good from a couple ofblood tests she did and doesnt like prescribing testosterone unless its low as women can end up taking too much.  She has already increased estrogen from 25mcg to 50mcg so doesnt want to inceease again as Im still young and not in menopause yet. 

Any suggestions, please?
I do need to look at my diet and excercise but its hard with 3 kids!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 11:24:26 AM by Iamenough »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Nothing working
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 11:33:57 AM »

3 kids will be keeping U busy at this time of year!

:welcomemm:  blood tests are reliably un-reliable  ::).  Medics should go on symptoms. Your symptoms may be due to low oestrogen levels.  How heavy are your periods?  This can make you anemic, have you been tested for low iron?  Also lack of VitD can cause similar: for me I would do 20 mins weeding then sit, absolutely still for 2 hours.  I began to think that I had something terminal  ::), blood tests showed otherwise.

Gel may well absorb more successfully. 

As with IBS, fybromaliga is sometimes a 'don't know' diagnosis.  Polymyagia rheumatica however, is very obvious.

Amitriptaline made me dopy 24 hours, couldn't tolerate it and it didn't do anything for the trigenimal neuralgia.  Have U tried over the counter pain relief?

Is your GP licensed to prescribe testosterone?  MayB get the overall HRT sorted as you may not require it.

Do U cook from scratch?  [I don't but DH does  :-*;)

Iamenough

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2023, 10:54:45 AM »

Thanks for your reply  ;)

My periods are really heavy for 2 days, Im wondering if this is due to the fact I got my tubes removed after i had kids.  Im not sure if they removed my overies too,

Im taking VitD and iron as my ferritan was low last year but has come back up.

I dont know much about Polymyagia rheumatica but i did read it almost never occurs in under 50s, Im 45.

The only otc pain relief that seems to work is solpadeine and I dont want to keep taking that.  I take the odd time when its really bad

Im going to look at introducing more leafy greens into my diet

I did ask dr about testosterone but shes reluctant as my bloods were ok

I wonder should i ask to increase estrogen first
I tried increasing to 3 pumps for 2 days and i was even more tired but that could have beenmy body getting used to it

Would i know pretty quick trying increase in estrogen or testosterone?

Still clueless as to where to take this

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2023, 11:34:09 AM »

Morning.  I think that most of us are clueless  ::) because every bodies requirements are individual. 

Perhaps don't increase too much too soon, it's a bit Trial and Error.  It may take a while for the body to uptake even the smallest amount of alteration in levels.

U could put the product name/s into the search box and read any relevant threads.  make notes ;-).