Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Patch Stress  (Read 24210 times)

KaraShannon

Patch Stress
« on: December 04, 2023, 02:01:43 AM »

I just wanted to vent somewhere that it's nearly 2am, I forgot to change my evorel patch this evening and now got out of bed to do it.

Being not fully with it I put the patch on all wrong, decided it would likely come back off (creases) so ripped it off and went looking for another.

I don't have another, only a 9 month old outdated one.

Went back to ripped off patch which was left on a shelf (to clear up tomorrow, and I think unconsciously just in case I couldn't find another), but it was medication side face down. 

Stuck to the shelf. 

(I'm not laughing)

Ripped it off the shelf, put it on my bum and it won't stick.  So got a hairdryer to it and it's now stuck.

Paranoid it won't work and I'll be too much of a mess to get myself to the pharmacy to get the new ones.

Did I even order the new ones?  (probably did)

Now I will stress about the fact that I haven't got a perfect patch on and while it's stuck, I think I'm going to be absorbing 'shelf' through my skin instead of hormones.

(I'm still not laughing  :' )

Maybe someone else can lighten the mood when they read this.

KaraShannon

Re: Patch Stress
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 02:05:49 AM »

Actually if I drill down to see why this is stressing me so much, it's not because I might have a bad day tomorrow from a bad patch.  It's that so many people need me to function that I can't actually have a bad day  :'(

There lies the problem

This isn't funny, sorry.  I thought I'd make it funny but I didn't.  Maybe that's funny to some  ;D

Songbird

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2023, 09:22:05 AM »

Oh Kara. Hope you feel a bit better now  :foryou: but, I have to say, your post did make me laugh  ;D. I’ve had a terrible time with my last box of patches - constantly rolling off my bum, refusing to stick  >:(
Quite simply a reject batch  ;)

KaraShannon

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2023, 01:29:34 AM »

Thanks Songbird  ;D

I just remembered I wrote this and came to check back  ::) 

What a misery I sounded.  Fussing over nothing.  it was fine, a bit of a weaker effect I think but it held me together.  I'm all sorted
now.

Sorry you had a bad patch experience too Songbird x

fedupfemale

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2023, 05:19:48 PM »

Hi - my first time making any comments here - having tried a variety of hrt I have some stuff that is sitting going to waste. One is a box of everol conti - only 2 patches missing.   The other is Femoston - a cyclical pack.

Theoretically, given that the the pharmacist doesn't want them back and the Doctor isn't interested. How would I get these to someone who could use them. I live in Northern Ireland where the prescriptions are free but I still hate such waste - these are not cheap if you have to pay for them.  Happy to post.

I have become obsessed with getting things in order and get frustrated when things are not in place or are getting wasted. Not sure if this is a sympton of hrt lol but I can assure you I was never this tidy or fastidiouos lol.

I came onto this thread because I'm pretty sure there isn't a funny side to menopause and really wanted to see if anyone had found one.

fedupfemale