News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: Nas  (Read 32486 times)

Mary G

Re: Nas
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2023, 12:02:34 PM »

Thanks for letting us know how you are Nas but like everyone else, sorry to hear about the lung.  Glad you are getting out of hospital today and yes, they are always hot and noisy places making it difficult to sleep.

Get plenty of rest and more importantly sleep when you get home!   Best wishes and please keep us updated.  xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2023, 12:30:14 PM »

Feet up, keep hydrated.  Don't worry initially if you keep to hospital hours  ::) and don't worry if U decide to shut the door against visitors.  I found that I was Ok for a few days then the effects of the GP caught up and I slept.  Heavily.

Oh your own bed and bath ;-). 

Kathleen

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2023, 12:45:31 PM »

Hello Nas

I am so pleased that your operation went well and I am keeping my fingers crossed for you for the future.

As soon as you are home you can begin to recover properly and I'm sure that will help you to feel better.

Wishing you well and sending hugs.

K.

Limpy

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2023, 01:15:48 PM »

It really good to hear from you Nas - enjoy being at home and getting decent food and rest.
Hospitals are not restful places to be, they just aren't

Thanks for asking the question Gnatty 👍🏻

Donna-paul

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2023, 01:16:46 PM »

Take one day at a time and rest rest when you get home. Take care and keep strong x

sheila99

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2023, 06:03:28 PM »

I'm so sorry about your lung. Hopefully you'll feel a little better when you can rest in your own home. We are all rooting for you.

Nas

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2023, 04:30:14 PM »

The question is, what am I  going to take, now that HRT is off limits?

Mood swings
Palpitations
Aches
Insomnia

All will be exacerbated by anti hormonal drugs  :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2023, 05:04:43 PM »

Which anti-hormonal drug has been suggested? 

suzysunday

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2023, 05:12:47 PM »

It must all seem overwhelming, especially having to come off hrt.  Hopefully your doctor's may be able to advise you. As discogirl said maybe supplements are worth looking at, though they are a minefield of trial and error.  All you can do is give yourself time to adjust and heal, as these are early days.  Sometimes things will become clearer as you progress.  Maybe menopausal symptoms won't be too problematic.  We are all here to support you, and we all send our love x

Penguin

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2023, 05:36:05 PM »

The question is, what am I  going to take, now that HRT is off limits?

Mood swings
Palpitations
Aches
Insomnia

All will be exacerbated by anti hormonal drugs  :(

Hmm. So you could try and alleviate specific symptoms with supplements? I think you'd need to be really careful with supplements designed for menopause like black cohosh for example as that has warnings about not using it for long periods as it can increase breast cancer risk. So while you need to address your symptoms, you need to avoid anything that could have an estrogenic effect. Do you have the funds / interest in seeing someone who works in functional medicine? Bit more qualified than a naturopath as can look at what anti-hrt medication you'll be on, what your illness profile is, and what you would be allowed to take / what would benefit you. I wouldn't even think to attempt this without supervision though x
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 05:38:06 PM by Penguin »

suzysunday

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2023, 05:46:02 PM »

That's good advice Penguin.  I remember buying some black cohosh a few years ago then got put off taking it when I read it could cause bleeding.  Trial and error is not really advisable.

Penguin

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2023, 05:53:00 PM »

That's good advice Penguin.  I remember buying some black cohosh a few years ago then got put off taking it when I read it could cause bleeding.  Trial and error is not really advisable.

I took it for a few months and it really mucked me up, sent my estrogen high (breasts permanently sore) and me a bit loopy tbh 🙈. I know there are defo natural adaptogen supplements for meno that help but I am sooooo wary of going down that route now and would not take anything that has a hormonal element.

Wrensong

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2023, 04:33:01 PM »

Nas, so glad you have the hysterectomy behind you & that you are home, away from the noise, heat & bustle of the ward.  You have been much in my thoughts.  I agree probably best not to take supplements while you're waiting for histology results & a treatment plan; at a BC presentation I attended a few years ago several supplements were mentioned as potentially harmful.  If you have a nurse helpline or oncology contact number they may be best placed to advise in the short term.  Sending a gentle hug & all good wishes.
Wx

Summer-sky

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2023, 04:53:57 PM »

Hello Nas,
Happy to hear the hysterectomy went well and you are home.  I hope you are not in too much discomfort from the op and getting little walks around the house if you can.  Hoping your original pain with the fibroid has retreated now.  What a rollercoaster and another tough endurance challenge for you around health. Thinking of you and sending you hugs.
Step by step with recovery first and then with the next stages for the scan, lung and plan.
With the symptoms (as HRT is off limits) if it helps at all, my own experience with having to come off HRT for endometrial cancer last year and researching until the cows come home for other alternatives to help with all manner of symptoms, some did eventually improve from the ones I had before the hysterectomy and from when I was trying to get the HRT right but others didn't and in the end I went for a very low dose of setraline. I was desperate to get some symptoms minimised at this point  (although I was advised I hadn't reached a therapeutic dose of it so it might not help) but it did. Mainly helped with sleep (its still far from perfect but post op I was 2 hours a night) aches and anxiety that ramped up post op mainly to do with the tanking hormones but also probably a reaction to the cancer diagnosis and the knock on effect that brings.  All the other things which I have tried over the last 3 or 4 years for meno/post meno symptoms have helped to a degree - stuff you already know I know, magnesium, diet, keeping a check on iron levels/Vit D -  the usuals. Personally, I've steered away from lots of supplements and herbal things now. It's a work in progress and I will let you know if I find any other avenues that might help xx

Gnatty

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2023, 05:06:51 PM »

The other AD that is supposed to be good when hrt is ruled out is Venlafaxine. Different antidepressants suit different people though, so definitely worth discussing with your doctor xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20