News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: Nas  (Read 32454 times)

Gnatty

Nas
« on: November 29, 2023, 08:21:26 PM »

I was wondering and hoping that someone might have some news on how Nas is doing? She usually keeps us informed and I feel a bit concerned we haven't heard anything since her operation.

sheila99

Re: Nas
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2023, 08:26:46 PM »

Me too. When I saw your post I was hoping it was an update.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2023, 08:38:22 PM »

I would think that she is knackered! 

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2023, 11:13:18 PM »

She was responding to posts on a couple of threads yesterday and was active today but I'm not sure when her op was?

Taz x

discogirl

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2023, 06:20:46 AM »

I could be wrong but i think her op was Friday

Nas

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2023, 09:37:15 AM »

Hi Gnatty /everyone  :)
The op was indeed Friday. It went well thankfully.

A bit of post operative fever, so they’ve kept me in an additional couple of days. I’m hoping to come out today or tomorrow at the VERY latest, as I’m EXHAUSTED from lack of sleep 😴 Hospitals are busy busy 24/7!

The histology results will take 3/4 weeks to come through. I don’t hold much hope for a good result, primarily because the cells in my lung contain breast cancer cells. This is obviously a huge worry for me.

The idea is to have another chest scan soon and probably get the fluid drained, before it starts to cause respiratory issues.

Then further scans to check the rest of my body. Maybe anti hormone therapy to try to zap the bad cells.

Having spent best part of a week at The Christie now, I’ve become part of a community of women who display strength and vulnerability simultaneously. It’s both uplifting and depressingly sad. I myself, thought I’d seen the back of my brush with cancer, 14 years ago  >:(

So, that’s me. HRT has been poison for me, but surgeon is adamant I should have  no regrets.

I will not be putting myself through any gruelling treatment again. Did that, bought the t shirt the last time! What ever will be, will be now.

Why are hospitals so hot 🥵??
Radiator on full blast, windows open!  :o

Xx

Emma

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2023, 09:49:31 AM »

:medal:

Dazedandconfused

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2023, 10:10:34 AM »

Sending big hugs Nas xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2023, 10:49:44 AM »

Morning.  R U cross at yourself for using HRT?  At that time U made the choice to use HRT with the knowledge that you had.  Did the regime help at all?  It isn't certain that it caused your current diagnosis, U may well have been facing similar without. 

Try not to look back.  Try to get the chest scan ASAP so that you an go into the New Year knowing as much as is possible now.

:foryou:     gentle = :bighug:

Hospitals are noisy and hot!  Did U get the nighties sorted ;-).  Hospitals are 24/7, I remember an Irish Sister clattering onto the Ward in the early hours in her day shoes  >:(.  No thought that we might like to sleep a bit longer, that perhaps slippers would have been more appropriate and it was she that would go round 'wakey wakey' knowing that none in that Ward were mobile enough to retaliate  ::)

Make that list of concerns to talk to the Consultant with.  xx

SarahT

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2023, 11:15:56 AM »

Sending you an equally gentle hug Nas. I guessed the news prior to your hysterectomy may have been this. There's a lot going on physically and emotionally. Get that fever down, get home amongst those who love you best, and those bunnies. And when   you are more  able,  if  you want to, or need to, know that we can be here as and when, for rants, tears, support or swearing. It's for you to decide what is best for you at any given time.
😘 xx

suzysunday

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2023, 11:30:49 AM »

So good to hear from you Nas. Like everyone I was wondering how you were but didn't want to message until you were up to it.  So sorry to hear about the cells in your lungs and that of course will be another hurdle for you. I hope you can get home this weekend and get some proper rest in your own bed.  Sending hugs and good wishes galore! Xxxx

Penguin

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2023, 11:46:00 AM »

Sending hugs and love and light Nas. I'm sorry about your lung. Hopefully they can zap the rogue cells and stop them in their tracks, its just one more thing you didnt need eh. But I'm sure they have a plan!
Hope you can get home to your son and bunnies soon and get some decent sleep too, pets are very  comforting as is being in your home with your own stuff.
Stay strong and remember we're all here for you xx

discogirl

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2023, 11:52:20 AM »

Sending you all the love in the world Nas xxxxx

Gnatty

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2023, 11:56:40 AM »

Morning Nas, it's good to hear from you. And I'm so pleased that the operation went well, that's already one of your hurdles overcome and dealt with. Hopefully your tummy cramps etc will now ease off once you get over the initial pain from the surgery.
I'm sorry you have more challenges ahead of you, we are all rooting for you every step of the way.
Fingers crossed you get home very soon, you'll be able to catch up on your sleep then and enjoy those bunnies xx

Nas

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2023, 11:57:08 AM »

I’m going home today!!
Sleep ( can’t wait)
Food ( can’t wait )
Rest ( can’t wait )

Sorry for the somber and somewhat negative post. Was feeling a little defeated earlier and am delirious with lack of sleep. 💤

One step at a time then… xx
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20