Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: VA query  (Read 5125 times)

AG64

• First Flush
VA query
« on: November 16, 2023, 07:20:22 AM »

I was diagnosed with VA in the summer after suffering for a while. I have been using topical oestrogen for 3 months now. I stopped for about 10 days until this Tuesday as was referred to the breast clinic. During this 10 days I have had 2 episodes of a drop of brown mucous near clitoris which is very sore. Has anyone else experienced this? No sign of any blood/discharge from vagina. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 11:16:22 AM by AG64 »

Tinkerbell

Re: Labia sore
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023, 11:15:23 AM »

I had little tears in the vulval skin before I got my VA under control. Maybe that is what is causing the brown mucous you have got. Were you told to stop treatment before your breast clinic appointment then?

AG64

• First Flush
Re: VA query
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023, 11:55:46 AM »

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I did have little blood blisters so wondered if this came from one of them mixed with all the things I am using at present as it seemed my underwear was rubbing . I just stopped the oestrogen myself as my sister had BC last year and I suffer with health anxiety so panicked. Everything was fine though just now transferring my anxiety to this.

Jules

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2023, 12:23:41 AM »

I hope you got your problem sorted out. I understand your anxiety. I've had similar worries. It's an awful thing is health anxiety

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2023, 09:13:34 AM »

U didn't need to stop VA treatment, who gave that advice?   They need to stick their head down the toilet and flush.  HARD!

Hopefully the appt will be fine.  The skin in the vagina becomes thin and can tear easily.  If U can take some treatment with you, pop into the loo after the appt and insert!

Jules

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2023, 10:05:20 AM »

I was told to stop until id had a scan when I had blood spotting. He said if there was cancer he didn't want to make it worse with estrogen

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2023, 01:24:54 PM »

'he' might be?   Why would localised VA treatment 'cause cancer'?  Make it worse ............ 'he' needs to read up on vaginal atrophy treatment!

Jules

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2023, 02:59:37 PM »

'he' might be?   Why would localised VA treatment 'cause cancer'?  Make it worse ............ 'he' needs to read up on vaginal atrophy treatment!
I don't know but he's a very on the ball GP, one of the better ones at our surgery, in big demand for appointments. He mentioned if it was estrogen linked, until they knew what was what, it was better to stop.