Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hello, New and struggling  (Read 13404 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello, New and struggling
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2023, 11:33:05 AM »

I agree with Sarah.  Why do we always fear the worst is going to happen when called to the headmaster's corridor  :-\

MayB pre-empt the meeting: "I am aware that peri-menopause is making my brain a bit fuddled so I hope that this meeting is to help me and my colleagues deal with any problems that may arise". 

Worried 1

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2023, 11:58:26 AM »

Thanks,  Its certainly to talk about how I have spoken to another staff member and reacted to a certain situation but I only reacted as I did due to the menopause.    Im not my normal self at the moment and they should have known that.  Will have to see how it goes now but they are now aware of the fact that I have issues.  Much as I didnt want it known about.   They are making a bad situation worse by going about it this way.   

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2023, 01:35:35 PM »

People aren't mind readers  ::) and mayB this meeting is to clarify what caused your actions.  Have U had the chance to apologise and how was it received?

Worried 1

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2023, 01:50:14 PM »

Yes, I did apologise by email but for some reason that seems to have made things worse.  I hope and pray things go ok as Im not sure I can put up with much more stress.

Thanks for all the advise.   Its appreciated.

Losingtheplot

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2023, 07:20:46 PM »

Thanks,  Its certainly to talk about how I have spoken to another staff member and reacted to a certain situation but I only reacted as I did due to the menopause.    Im not my normal self at the moment and they should have known that.  Will have to see how it goes now but they are now aware of the fact that I have issues.  Much as I didnt want it known about.   They are making a bad situation worse by going about it this way.

Big hugs to you! I also have found my moods all over and its extremely difficult to control when at work. I am getting easily irritated and annoyed but managing to contain it just! I am on HRT and its helped. I feel for you so much as our moods during peri/meno really are out of our control. Its like someone else takes over and you find you speaking words of anger and annoyance that you normally would not but something takes over. I just want you to know I sympathise with your situation xxx

Worried 1

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2023, 07:54:19 AM »

Thank you.

Worried 1

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2023, 02:46:14 PM »

Well the meeting is over.  I now have to wait for the outcome to see if its going further or not.  I did tell them how my health is affecting me at the moment but having to wait again is killing me.

Losingtheplot

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2023, 02:50:07 PM »

Well the meeting is over.  I now have to wait for the outcome to see if its going further or not.  I did tell them how my health is affecting me at the moment but having to wait again is killing me.

I am pleased it is over and I am sure you are too!  Did they give any indication how long before you hear anything?  My heart really goes out to you and hopefully you won't be kept waiting too long.

Worried 1

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2023, 03:03:12 PM »

Thank you.  It might be monday.   I hope its before.   I would have thought its fairly straightforward but they seem to want to ramp up the anxiety.

Losingtheplot

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2023, 07:15:27 PM »

Thank you.  It might be monday.   I hope its before.   I would have thought its fairly straightforward but they seem to want to ramp up the anxiety.

Unfortunately my experience with HR is that things dont happen quick! I really hope you find out very soon xxx

Worried 1

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2023, 08:03:26 AM »

Thank you.

sheila99

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2023, 10:10:46 AM »

In the meantime you can enjoy watching them squirm. If they give you a formal warning because of a health condition they can be in trouble themselves. Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Worried 1

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2023, 07:56:11 AM »

I am still waiting for the outcome of the meeting so hopefully it is today.  The stress this is causing is unreal.   On top of feeling rubbish anyway the stress of waiting to find out the results of this is awful. I did speak out of turn and I have said sorry more than once.   I do not know what else I can do. 

SarahT

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2023, 10:26:55 AM »

Get prepared by making a few notes to keep you on track and calm when speaking with them. It may help you feel a bit more in control.
Apologising is good, but remember you have a valid reason as to why you behaved out of character, you aren't essentially at fault here, you are struggling with debilitating and sometimes scary symptoms.

Worried 1

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2023, 11:11:27 AM »

Thanks, I am supposed to hear the outcome today as to if they are taking it further.    The stress is killing me to be honest as as well as feeling rubbish I have this hanging over me.   
Pages: 1 [2] 3