Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Back pain stomach pain  (Read 5911 times)

Fuzzwhizzer

• First Flush
Back pain stomach pain
« on: November 05, 2023, 09:07:26 PM »

Hello everyone I am new to Menopause matters. I’m 54 and have been over the last few years experiencing the various delight of hot flushing/ night sweating /weird periods etc. my last one lasted for two weeks in August. Since Mid July I’ve been experiencing lower back pain similar to monthly pain, but then in August stomach pains too, more ir less both constant. Not relieved by paracetamol or Nurofen. Went to docs. Have by now had three full blood counts, wee and poo tests, had a cystoscopy which was clear, upper and lower and internal ultrasounds and an abdominal ct scan. All clear. Yet still getting the pain and rib pain too. Had a weird mole checked aswell. It’s been busy. Just wondered what to do about it as it’s getting me diwn and don’t really know what to check next. Dr. Thinks maybe physio? Or should I see a spine or nerve dr. I am hypothyroid on Levithyroxine 112.5 a day. I constantly gave microscopic haematuria wondered if V.A? Do you think I should ask about Hrt? Thanks in advance good ladies!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 07:39:15 AM by Fuzzwhizzer »

jaypo

Re: Back pain stomach pain
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 08:19:46 AM »

Hi and welcome to the forum. Have your ovaries been checked? Maybe ask for a hysteroscopy? Or it could be fibroids? With meno it could be numerous things but if you've had all the tests try not to worry,it could just be inflammation,especially if your periods are all over the place x

Fuzzwhizzer

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 10:50:12 AM »

Hello thanks for your reply! Yes i’ve had a pelvic and internal ultrasound, got to see my ovaries in 3d(!) One is still feebly trying to churn out eggs, the other has retired😂. So then also apparently I have a thin 2.5mm lining and a very small fibroid. Also have a Nabothian cyst on cervix. I do try not to worry, it’s just the discomfort is so weird and unfathomable. If I could find out what it is I’d be nearer to maybe easing it in some way. I’ll keep working on it I guess!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 10:52:09 AM by Fuzzwhizzer »

CrispyChick

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 08:12:35 AM »

Just want to say I've been through a year of stomach issues - all the tests. Nothing 'wrong'.
I think mine is all hormonal. I was on progesterone only - I've just stopped. I think it was making the stomach issue worse.

I think peri is a horrible time with all the fluctuations. Xx

Fuzzwhizzer

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2023, 01:31:27 PM »

Hi thanks, yes it’s a mysterious and distressing time, I was bad enough before meno when unexplained symptoms appeared. It’s so bewildering it makes you feel lost and overwhelmed. Plus I keep chucking what little money I’ve got (because work is difficult with the back and stomach pain) on private consultants because it takes forever otherwise. I hope you get some relief soon, I hope everybody does. It’s a right old💩💩💩💩💩

Emmajane950

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2023, 10:58:24 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forum. Have your ovaries been checked? Maybe ask for a hysteroscopy? Or it could be fibroids? With meno it could be numerous things but if you've had all the tests try not to worry,it could just be inflammation,especially if your periods are all over the place x

Hi Jaypo

Just curious when you say inflammation? I'm experiencing back pain and stomach issues for a month now ever since having a UTI (Treated with ABs) ...including stomach rumbling ...strange periods/ bleeding / discharge. I've had bladder and kidney scan all ok. Transvaginal scan showed a cyst on ovary and a fibroid.  Am waiting on blood test....but symptoms everyday with the stomach.

Thank you

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2023, 09:02:45 AM »

I constantly have traces of blood in my urine but this has been put down to VA. When you say stomach pain,do you mean your actual stomach (which sits high up) or lower belly pain,if it's lower down then yes,inflammation can radiate,which can feel like back ache. Did they tell you where the fibroid was sitting? They can and do grow and they can cause really bad periods with clots etc,so do keep checking,they too,of course can shrink. Have you tried ibuprofen along with the paracetamol? Great for inflammation but do check with the pharmacist that you can take it x

Emmajane950

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2023, 10:07:54 AM »

Thank you jaypo

It all started with back twinges then stomach bloating which I was confirmed a bad UTI in September (had blood in wee but now thinking that might have been uterine blood as started getting spotting around same time). Had 2 weeks of ABs which sorted the infection but I've had continued stomach issues since.  bloating or what felt like pressure...upper and lower..although that has eased off a bit, but now it's mostly twinges and lower abdominal just feels uncomfortable and some flank/rib pain..I guess it does feel inflammed.   But where is the inflammation? Is it an organ or stomach lining perhaps? I've also had lots of vaginal discharge ..red/brown/bits - for which I am taking ovastin for and that seems to have calmed down a bit.  Perhaps the cyst or fibroid is causing thr stomach issues 🤔?

I'm getting an upper abdominal scan this week and a full blood test to check for vit d and ferritin etc.

I did change from patches to gel in October due to me thinking the patches were causing these issues...but I'm still having these issues even though I've come off patches and onto gel.

Thanks for your help xx

Fuzzwhizzer

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2023, 06:25:34 PM »

Hi! Sorry to hear you’re suffering, I hope it eases off soon. It’s interesting that we’ve had  blood (invisible)in urine too, I had it checked and all ok I think it’s just something people sometimes just have. My pains have eased off a bit, leaving me very puzzled, but it lasted so long. Haven’t eleven got as far as trying hrt.

jaypo

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2023, 08:47:41 AM »

I bet lots of women have blood traces in their urine at this stage of life but the only time it is detected is when we get a urine test,that being said,it still scares us half to death,I've now stopped doing tests at home,it only raises anxiety.
Good you're getting it seen to Emma,my fibroids gave me terrible period like pains and awful back ache,it seems the womb was where my inflammation was coming from

Emmajane950

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2023, 10:02:34 PM »

Oh really Jaypo?
I had a transvaginal that didn't show up inflammation unless the scan doesn't show that and only the fibroid itself.

I am having awful stomach/bowel issues aswell.  The bleeding and discharge has gone for the time bring.   What is going on? Stomach feels inflammed and restricted.  I missed put on my blood test today as I'd had a herbal tea and didn't realise that wasn't allowed on a fasting one. Silly me!  Am picking up two new stool samples tomorrow but doctor assured me the FIT stool test detects the awful c... so I'm relieved but I'm not believing 🙂...I still think I've got something bad because it's more or less constant.  Thank you for all your replies
Xxx