Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Found a lump  (Read 13353 times)

Crow Lady

Re: Found a lump
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2023, 05:33:24 PM »

The GP hasnt got any results.  Ive got my hospital number on a letter.

That isn't good enough.  Layering worry upon worry  >:(

Could your GP have any results ........ might be worth ringing the surgery to find out.  Were U given a card with your Hospital Ref Number?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2023, 05:59:16 PM »

Does that number correlate with the Depts who suggest that you haven't attended  :-\

Crow Lady

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2023, 06:02:19 PM »

They know I've attended, but they're saying nobody took notes.

Does that number correlate with the Depts who suggest that you haven't attended  :-\

jaypo

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2023, 06:59:47 PM »

UNACCEPTABLE!!! Have you a number for the region who does the mammography?phone them,the good old nhs don't know their a**e from their elbow 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Crow Lady

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2023, 07:01:04 PM »

Been back to see the consultant today, had another ultrasound and they've taken a biopsy. Also left a marker in. I have to go back in 3 weeks for the results. Sore boob ! Taking it easy tonight.

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2023, 09:08:35 PM »

At last. Progress!  What was the surgeon's take on your journey thus far?  At least U R being invited back for the results, rather than being told over the 'phone.

How worried R U now?  Take some pain relief B4 bed.   :foryou:

Crow Lady

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2023, 09:26:45 PM »

They've said it's possibly  a dense area under the skin, which apparently can happen as you get older. They said they should know more when the results are in. I'm trying not to worry too much. It's bloody sore now. Just had some paracetamol and I'm in bed already  ( 9.30pm
wahoo rock n roll lol )

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2023, 10:54:23 PM »

U know how to live.  If Im' not in my bath by 9.00 p.m. then there's something wrong  ;D

Don't prod the area either!

jaypo

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2023, 07:44:40 AM »

You will let us know won't you? If they're a bit puzzled it seems like good news,they're usually pretty certain if it's anything nasty but the waiting is awful ☹️

Jules

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2023, 05:40:56 PM »

They've said it's possibly  a dense area under the skin, which apparently can happen as you get older. They said they should know more when the results are in. I'm trying not to worry too much. It's bloody sore now. Just had some paracetamol and I'm in bed already  ( 9.30pm
wahoo rock n roll lol )

I had  biopsies and a marker left. Was I sore, I couldn't get undressed that night, black and swollen. Was it a vacuum biopsy?

Crow Lady

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2023, 10:41:29 PM »

wahoo rock n roll lol )

I had  biopsies and a marker left. Was I sore, I couldn't get undressed that night, black and swollen. Was it a vacuum biopsy?

I'm not sure, I had my eyes squeezed shut and was trying not to panic! There were 3 loud pops. Very sore, bruised.

Jules

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2023, 11:50:58 PM »

wahoo rock n roll lol )

I'm not sure, I had my eyes squeezed shut and was trying not to panic! There were 3 loud pops. Very sore, bruised.
You'd have been in the mammogram machine with something going up and down like a little oil drill if it was a vacuum biopsy. I feel your pain. I had to buy a special bra after. Mine wouldn't fit I was so swollen.  Good news was, everything was ok.

Crow Lady

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2024, 11:32:08 AM »

Went to get my biopsy results yesterday. They said the pathologist reckons it's just normal tissue. They said they think they got the biopsy from the right place. Got a follow up mammogram in 6 months. I'm still a bit worried,  why would it show as a shadow on repeated mammograms?  So I'm going to do more checks regularly just to keep an eye on it.

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2024, 11:46:20 AM »

Oh can't we worry about issues  ::).  If you are having a follow-up mammogram in 6 months, I wouldn't worry too much.  It may be thickened tissue which causes a shadow or the way that the film was developed.

How do U feel overall? 

jaypo

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2024, 02:39:38 PM »

If it was anything nasty,you'd be getting further tests and NOT in 6 months time,they'll just monitor it,as they need it for their records,so as you don't go through it all again
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4