Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Found a lump  (Read 13351 times)

Crow Lady

Found a lump
« on: November 05, 2023, 12:36:51 PM »

I found a lump in my left armpit this morning.  For the last few weeks I have had an occasional twinge ,as if there was a sore bit near my armpit and a bra was rubbing on it. Each time it happened I had a feel round it but couldn't find anything.  When it happened this morning I felt nothing, then decided to press further up. There's a hard lump. Not moving. And since I've been touching it the side of my breast feels tender and my nipple a bit sore. I'm ringing the docs first thing tomorrow morning but I'm trying not to freak out.  I would imagine they'll send me for a scan / biopsy etc. And I expect they'll tell me to stop my HRT immediately.  I've been on utrogestan and estraderm patches for a year and a half. How quickly will the meno symptoms start again?  Will it be really bad? I  can't even think of how I'll cope with waiting to find out if the lump is bad news along with feeling like I did before I started HRT.

jaypo

Re: Found a lump
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 02:51:15 PM »

Good you're getting it checked out,remember that is where glands are situated,I had a lump there too and when I went to the Dr,that's exactly what it was,a swollen gland,hopefully that's all it will be  :) x

SarahT

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 03:02:02 PM »

Yes, I have always had lumpy boobs but did find a strange lump and had it checked out, all was ok. Crow lady, you are doing the right thing.  The drs will talk you through things, as to what checks they want you to have, so you may not even have to cease hrt immediately if at all. Explain to the dr or nurse your fears about the thought of stopping hrt too,  as it seems to be such a help for you. Let us know how you get on. X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2023, 03:03:01 PM »

It's always a worry.  Don't take 'no' for an answer from the Surgery, there's a protocol for examinations etc.  let us know how you get on!

Crow Lady

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2023, 03:08:08 PM »

The only benefit I've had is the terrible palpitations have stopped. And the awful anxiety that made me feel I was going mad. Hasn't helped anything else x

Yes, I have always had lumpy boobs but did find a strange lump and had it checked out, all was ok. Crow lady, you are doing the right thing.  The drs will talk you through things, as to what checks they want you to have, so you may not even have to cease hrt immediately if at all. Explain to the dr or nurse your fears about the thought of stopping hrt too,  as it seems to be such a help for you. Let us know how you get on. X

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2023, 03:15:55 PM »

Oh and don't keep prodding it  ;)

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2023, 03:24:07 PM »

I think it's good news it's painful, the more sinister lumps usually aren't. Hope all is well.

Penguin

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2023, 03:33:51 PM »

Agree with Sheila. Soreness is usually infection or inflammation. Good you are getting it checked though, but try not to worry x

SarahT

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2023, 03:51:29 PM »

Hi crowlady,

With regards to the partial benefit of your hrt I think easing the terrible anxiety is a huge thing. The mental health side was always extremely bad for me, less so the physical. I think to myself am I better on or off hrt, and when I look back at a short symptom diary I kept I know atm I am so much better on it. I look at it as a support not a cure.
I agree, so insist on an appt from your surgery. Take care

Crow Lady

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2023, 08:18:20 AM »

Got an appointment in an hour. I'll let you know how it goes.

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2023, 08:20:21 AM »

Please do crow lady x

Crow Lady

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2023, 12:02:06 PM »

Saw the doc. Got an appointment for chest xray on Wednesday afternoon. She's referred me to the breast screening clinic so I'll be seen within 2 weeks. She said it's up to me if I stop the hrt immediately or wait and see what the diagnosis is. I don't know what to do. Trying to keep myself together.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2023, 12:13:45 PM »

Personally I would keep on with the HRT.  If this is a cyst rather than anything sinister, U may go through withdrawal = more anxiety.

Let us know how you get on.

SarahT

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2023, 12:52:23 PM »

I agree with CLKD,  best to cover minus unless advised otherwise by the medical folks. It may keep any meno related symptoms at bay and help your already ( understandably ) heightened anxiety.
Good that you were taken seriously,  and quick investigations set up x

Crow Lady

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2023, 06:01:33 PM »

I had an xray and bloods  done last week,  haven't got results yet. Been to the breast screening clinic today. They said the lump in my armpit was slightly swollen lymph nodes. Had 2 mammograms and 2 ultrasounds. There is a shadow in the left breast on the mammograms, but not on the ultrasounds. They don't know what it is. They will be sending for me in the next couple of weeks for a different kind of scan. I had only found the lump in my armpit, didn't know there was anything in my boob. Currently feeling a bit numb, trying not to get myself in a state.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4