Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Stomach / GERD / heartburn - whatever it is. Help!  (Read 52571 times)

Penguin

Re: Stomach / GERD / heartburn - whatever it is. Help!
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2023, 09:24:36 AM »

Thanks penguin.

Are u on holiday?  :)

Interesting. I do t seem to have the symptoms of lpr at the moment, right now it's a trial inflammation in my stomach. Which would suggest gastritis. But none found.

However, this is very interesting, as from march onwards it had morphed into a throat feeling. Extreme tightness, lump etc. Then, that just vanished around August. Now I was back trying mini pill for two months so I think consistency helped. Although I came off it and back on my Prog ok...

No throat feeling with this latest flare - yet.

I take progesterone cream. This happens even with cream. Although I do confess it was 1 oral dose that triggered this latest bout. Something I'll never do again.

Thanks for those tips. I'll look into the water.

Zinc l carnosine - I took for 3 months Dec to Feb last year - made no difference. I just dont feel this is a 'structural' thing. It feels like inflammation, hence me looking into low histamine.

So my GP says you can have what is called sub clinical inflammation in throat (and I'd assume therefore stomach too!)  where I felt a burning on back of tongue,  back of soft palate etc and throat, yet it is all pale pink and no visible inflammation at all. I wonder if that is happening with your tummy feeling? Your nerves can also become over sensitised or hyper sensitive to normal things like acid production, certain foods, drunks and allergens with this coming either after a bug / virus / hormonal upheaval/ bad bout of anxiety. May or may not be linked to vagus nerve irritation. It wouldn't show up on endoscopy as it isn't a 'thing' as such, but doesn't mean you can't feel it. I know that probably doesn't help in terms of what to do, but it made me feel a bit less like I was going crazy and imagining it all!

Yes, we've been in South West France for half term with kids and dog, had a lovely time. Driving back right now, daughter projectile vomited in the car and just been in services giving her a change of clothes and cleaning is both us tho so today not going well so far 🙈. When it comes to bodily fluids husband is as much use as a chocolate Teapot! I have totally over indulged food wise, knowing I'm going to do my month of good clean food whem back - food order arriving tomorrow, am already depressed at how boring it is 🤣🤣🤣. It was all okay until I started utrogestan a few days ago then its all kicked off again. My body just doesn't like change!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2023, 09:54:30 AM »

Why does your DD vomit, is it a regular occurrence  :-\ :-X.  A plastic bag with wipes, a damp flannel and sitting on a thick towel was the way our family dealt with spills.  As well as regular breaks.

I had to sit upright for a couple of hours until the reflux disappeared, then slept until 6.00. 

Penguin

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2023, 09:58:50 AM »

Why does your DD vomit, is it a regular occurrence  :-\ :-X.  A plastic bag with wipes, a damp flannel and sitting on a thick towel was the way our family dealt with spills.  As well as regular breaks.

I had to sit upright for a couple of hours until the reflux disappeared, then slept until 6.00.

No, she gets car sick but doesn't usually vomit with it. However she only had a cup of tea this morning, no breakfast,  so I think it was sloshing around in her tummy. Lesson learned. I gave her a Kwells but it was too late!

Yes lots of wipes here too, and glad we have the dog with us as we've draped the dog towel over her!

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2023, 10:00:56 AM »

Kwells are great, I used them for sleep problems in the 1970s.  A good meal the night B4, dry biscuits with a Kwells an hour B4 travelling.  It's awful, the not knowing whether the guts will erupt contents or not.  I don't travel well .......... so there's always a waste bin close by.  Does she trigger the rest of the travellers?

At least your had a good holiday?  Dog loves being away?  Weather OK?

Penguin

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2023, 11:03:43 AM »

Kwells are great, I used them for sleep problems in the 1970s.  A good meal the night B4, dry biscuits with a Kwells an hour B4 travelling.  It's awful, the not knowing whether the guts will erupt contents or not.  I don't travel well .......... so there's always a waste bin close by.  Does she trigger the rest of the travellers?

At least your had a good holiday?  Dog loves being away?  Weather OK?

Husband about 2 metres away from her when we stopped the car, me and DS fine. I handle all the mess and illness!

Yes fab holiday thanks,  same two places every October half term, first time with the dog as shes a rescue just over a year old. France is so welcoming to animals and she's a well behaved little one so it was easy. Weather hit and miss, lots of rain but one hotel had indoor pool for the kids and we all love the food so all good. Looking forward to home and simple food now tho!

Penguin

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2023, 11:13:55 AM »

Thanks penguin.

Are u on holiday?  :)

Interesting. I do t seem to have the symptoms of lpr at the moment, right now it's a trial inflammation in my stomach. Which would suggest gastritis. But none found.

However, this is very interesting, as from march onwards it had morphed into a throat feeling. Extreme tightness, lump etc. Then, that just vanished around August. Now I was back trying mini pill for two months so I think consistency helped. Although I came off it and back on my Prog ok...

No throat feeling with this latest flare - yet.

I take progesterone cream. This happens even with cream. Although I do confess it was 1 oral dose that triggered this latest bout. Something I'll never do again.

Thanks for those tips. I'll look into the water.

Zinc l carnosine - I took for 3 months Dec to Feb last year - made no difference. I just dont feel this is a 'structural' thing. It feels like inflammation, hence me looking into low histamine.

Have a look at this link and see if it resonates. Read past the bit re IBS, its about wider than that

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/22997-visceral-hypersensitivity

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2023, 09:03:48 AM »

Hopefully you got home without any more buerking and laundry done?   I'm with your Husband on this one ...........  :-\ :-X

CrispyChick

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2023, 08:20:24 AM »

Thanks penguin.

That's really interesting. Indeed I have been offered low dose old style anti depressants on 3 separate occasions over the years, for a variety of ailments. IBS, dizziness and this year after my oesophagus test. So I do wonder if my body is sensitive and overreacts.

I did try the old school anti depressants in my 20s fir IBS - lasted1 day. So I won't go there.

Hmmmm

The last couple of days my current issue has morphed into constant pain/discomfort in my actual stomach. No acid reflux. It's just all so bizarre.

I'm day 3 of my very limited low histamine diet. But I'm also feeling very hormonally, pre period.

Just wish if would all bog off.

Penguin

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2023, 08:44:08 AM »

Hopefully you got home without any more buerking and laundry done?   I'm with your Husband on this one ...........  :-\ :-X
Thanks penguin.

That's really interesting. Indeed I have been offered low dose old style anti depressants on 3 separate occasions over the years, for a variety of ailments. IBS, dizziness and this year after my oesophagus test. So I do wonder if my body is sensitive and overreacts.

I did try the old school anti depressants in my 20s fir IBS - lasted1 day. So I won't go there.

Hmmmm

The last couple of days my current issue has morphed into constant pain/discomfort in my actual stomach. No acid reflux. It's just all so bizarre.

I'm day 3 of my very limited low histamine diet. But I'm also feeling very hormonally, pre period.

Just wish if would all bog off.

I know the feeling! I dropped down to 100mg Utrogestan last night and it's made such a difference to my gas today! I hate this hormonal roller coaster.

Perhaps the reflux has triggered mild gastritis in you with all the extra acid? Hopefully the diet will help.

CrispyChick

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2023, 08:56:06 AM »

Really??? Dropping your P has helped? Oh man. I'm nowhere near sorted on the hormone front, I probably need more prog not less.

Yes. Feels like gastritis today. But yesterday ir was just agonising hollow feeling. It just changes each day.

I doubt the diet is going to help. It feels hormonal. 😬

Penguin

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2023, 09:12:01 AM »

Really??? Dropping your P has helped? Oh man. I'm nowhere near sorted on the hormone front, I probably need more prog not less.

Yes. Feels like gastritis today. But yesterday ir was just agonising hollow feeling. It just changes each day.

I doubt the diet is going to help. It feels hormonal. 😬

The agonising hollow feeling can be part of gastritis. I'd feel hungry sooner after eating,  it's the mixed messages given out by your tummy. I'd treat it as that for short term. Is there anything on the low histamine diet that you wouldn't eat with gastritis? Can you start the day with oatmeal to line the tummy?

Are you sure it's low P for you? It is known to relax the lower esophageal sphincter, allowing reflux during meno in the first place. Plus it slows down digestion / motility, leading to increased gas etc.

CrispyChick

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2023, 10:08:33 AM »

Yeah, been at this 5 years, it's the estrogen that kills me. It poisons me, my own included. The progesterone is there to balance during peri.

I'll be devastated if I have to stop it all for this.

Good point about diet. I'll go check. I've had porridge made with oatmilk the last 5 mornings. Makes no difference.

If it's gastritis, I dont get why the acid blockers make me worse. But yes, having had gastritis before (when on the pill and the acid blockers worked) it does feel kind of like that right now.

So you dropped from 200mv to 100mg p and that's really helped? I'm big even on a high dose.  :(

CrispyChick

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2023, 10:16:37 AM »

If the lower sphincter was relaxed - would this show on endoscopy? Anyone know?

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2023, 10:17:59 AM »

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax.  Hiatus hernia is common during peri menopause along with other aches and pains. 

CrispyChick

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2023, 10:25:50 AM »

Hi suffer with high estrogen clkd. I wish mine would drop  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4