Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Newbie with aches & pains  (Read 4056 times)

Amber78

• First Flush
Newbie with aches & pains
« on: October 20, 2023, 08:56:47 PM »

Hi everyone xx
Does anyone else suffer with muscle and joint pain? These pains and twinges are literally doing the rounds constantly and I feel like I've run a marathon all the time.
I keep thinking I have an awful chronic disease or worse 😕
I'm anaemic so that obviously doesn't help, currently on iron supps, b-vits,  omega 3's, and magnesium, should I throw anything else in the mix??
My hair is falling out big time too and I just feel so WEIRD, like not myself.
I turned 45 in July and it's all hit me like a truck. Wondering how I'm going to navigate all this as it's just the beginning!
Grateful to find this forum anyway, and feel slightly less freaked out from reading the posts here.. 🙏
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 10:02:23 PM by Amber78 »

jaypo

Re: Newbie with aches & pains
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2023, 08:20:19 AM »

Hi Amber & welcome to the forum.
Sorry to hear you're having a bad time but it does sound all meno related. I'm not on hrt and kinda weathered the storm as it were but if things are becoming too hard to handle would you consider it?

Penguin

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023, 08:25:32 AM »

I'd get vitamin d3 levels tested and supplement that if low.

It does sound all meno related. I'm 49 and when my finger joints get really sore that's a sign for me to increase my estrogel. Hrt can help with a lot of what you're feeling.

SarahT

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2023, 10:51:02 AM »

Hi Amber,

Have you had you thyroid checked lately as well?  Some of the symptoms could be related to the thyroid too. I am constantly on iron tablets too so I know how anaemia can kick you down. It's good you have a browse around the forum, gives you an idea of what may be helpful to you. Isn't perimenopause fun...🙄

flossie fiddler

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2023, 04:31:35 PM »

I could have written this 10 years ago, when I was 48. The joint pain, hair shedding (including ‘down there’, looked like I’d had a Brazilian!) feeling off all the time, weepy, anxious, pins and needles, feelings like someone is sticking pins in my arms and legs, waking up with my whole body tingling, and that was just some of the symptoms. I went on HRT from age 48 for 6 years and felt brilliant, and then stopped due to supply issues. The pandemic hit and I had 2.5 years of feeling anxious, weepy, joint pains etc. I just thought it was the awful situation that everyone was in with the pandemic, but when everything went back to ‘normal’, I still felt dreadful, and realised it was my hormone levels. Went back on it a year ago and felt like ME again. I have some gynae issues with bleeding, which is being sorted imminently (a polyp) but all in all I feel fantastic.

It could well be that you’re peri-menopause. It does hit like a train! Hope you manage to find something to help.

Hi everyone xx
Does anyone else suffer with muscle and joint pain? These pains and twinges are literally doing the rounds constantly and I feel like I've run a marathon all the time.
I keep thinking I have an awful chronic disease or worse 😕
I'm anaemic so that obviously doesn't help, currently on iron supps, b-vits,  omega 3's, and magnesium, should I throw anything else in the mix??
My hair is falling out big time too and I just feel so WEIRD, like not myself.
I turned 45 in July and it's all hit me like a truck. Wondering how I'm going to navigate all this as it's just the beginning!
Grateful to find this forum anyway, and feel slightly less freaked out from reading the posts here.. 🙏