Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Smear test...  (Read 3644 times)

misskh

Re: Smear test...
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2023, 07:52:09 PM »

Received a letter from the surgeon's office this morning confirming that I have infact had my uterus removed including my cervix...Hopefully a copy was sent to my Dr's for future reference.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2023, 09:35:59 PM »

At last, confirmation!!! How do U feel ?

Next step will be ?   :foryou:

misskh

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2023, 09:55:52 PM »

Do you mean about having had a total Hysterectomy?

If so to be honest I'm relieved that the risks of having cancer of the cervix/ovaries has been removed especially after having my last breast mammogram come back showing signs of there being something a miss and the worry it caused, turned out to be papillomas which were removed.

I'm on a gel HRT as I was feeling tired mid way through the day around 5 months post op, although some days I'm still feeling as though my get up and go has got up and gone but the nurse suggested a good vitamin supplement could help, no suggestion of which one though.
I have also started using Vagifem again which I had to stop until my histology report came through, purely to prevent UTI's as I suffered terrible with them before but am concerned this in someway caused the thickening of the womb lining in the first place.

It's always a bit of a worry in the back of your mind as to whether other problems could arise which having a smear test would/could show up once smear tests are no longer needed though.
Pages: 1 [2]