News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Biopsy  (Read 2195 times)

Donna69

Biopsy
« on: October 02, 2023, 06:05:01 PM »

Hi,
    Just wondered if anyone had any experience of waiting for uterine biopsy results as I am going out of my mind with worry.If it is bad news would they still write or call and what time scales you were waiting it has been a very long week since my hysteroscopy and dread the postman’s visits

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Biopsy
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 06:11:14 PM »

Ring the Dept and ask what the time span might be, surprised that you didn't ask and/or weren't told at the appt.  Again, lack of consideration for the patient.  Technicians etc. are so blasé about these appts. that they forget how worried patients might be!!!  Which is why it's important to take al list of worries to appts.

Or you could ask your GP Practice ....... it mayB that the results will be sent to the GP who should then let you know. 

Donna69

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 07:09:57 PM »

Well he did say 7 to 10 days in writing but just wondered if he would just write if it were bad news or would call just having a wobbly day bit tearful all this waiting

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2023, 07:55:19 PM »

Waiting is the worst 4 any results!  If you were told 7pm-10 days, that probably doesn't take into account weekends/Bank holidays.

Summer-sky

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2023, 08:43:10 PM »

Hi Donna69,
Sorry you are going through the horrible waiting, it’s the worst as CLKD says and plays havoc with the head.
I can’t say for sure but I’m pretty sure they will call or at least call to make a follow up appointment if there is something further to talk about if the results are concerning.  This was my experience anyway, they called to let me know the results of my uterine biopsy rather than writing.  I think that was around 9 days after the biopsy.  Hang in there and I hope all will be fine.

Donna-paul

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2023, 12:31:20 PM »

I got a letter to see the Consultant in 3 days time when my biopsy came back abnormal. The letter also said bring a friend or relative so I then guessed it wouldn’t be great news. You hear very quickly if it is abnormal good luck

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2023, 12:56:31 PM »

How R U now Donna-paul?

Donna69

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2023, 03:44:14 PM »

Sorry to hear you had bad news Donna Paul how are you now?

Donna-paul

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2023, 04:25:51 PM »

Sorry to hear you had bad news Donna Paul how are you now?
How R U now Donna-paul?
I’m ok it’s been 6 moths since my radical hysterectomy. The hot flushes and night sweats have ramped up😔 but lucky the NHS got it early.

Donna69

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2023, 04:27:34 PM »

So pleased your on the other end of the journey now

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2023, 05:19:43 PM »

Tnx for the update Donna-paul, has antidepressant been suggested to see if they ease the sweats?  Some work apparently.  Might be worthwhile considering trying a few months to see if it helps.

Donna69

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2023, 06:16:48 PM »

Yes Donna Paul my friend is paroxetine antidepressant as she can’t take hrt she swears by it it’s an antidepressant but controls the hot flushes thinking of trying it myself as hot flushes are bad now I am off hrt

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2023, 06:21:29 PM »

Donna69 - why wait.  ? 

Donna69

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2023, 08:02:50 PM »

I wasn’t sure if I could take anything until my biopsy results are in but I suppose that may only apply to hrt