Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Low mood, brain fog, no motivation - help!  (Read 3839 times)

purplenanny

Low mood, brain fog, no motivation - help!
« on: September 29, 2023, 08:48:38 AM »

I feel I am needing a "boost" somehow. Lack of motivation and energy are my main concerns.  GP said he would do an MOT so did blood tests and all came back "normal" - not heard from him since.

I sometimes feel so lethargic and tired and fine it hard to get going. My brain fogs at times and I lack energy. I am normally a busy, productive person but just lately I am struggling. I thought it may be from all we have been through, which has been exhausting and frightening to say the least.

We have had a tough few years with a few emergencies on hubby's health and now adjusting to him needing a wheelchair when we go out. Plus me taking on the house and garden (neither are small) as he is not able. Big adjustments all round, but wanting to make the most of what we have and are still able to do. Challenging at times though I must say.

Can anyone recommend a "pick me up" to give me energy and stop me feeling so lazy.
Thanks everyone

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Low mood, brain fog, no motivation - help!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023, 09:17:48 AM »

A long weekend break?

Did the GP check your VitD and thyroid function levels? 

Brain fog is 'normal' for many as hormone levels drop.  Lack of motivation after all your worries is probably your brain telling you to have a long sleep.

Is there a Gardening Club close by?  A school; who would be pleased to take on some of your garden, which DH could supervise.  That would give you a break and him some interaction. 

How easy is access around the property/garden, which may well be a background worry?  What support R U both getting?

Penguin

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2023, 10:59:59 AM »

BetterYou do a good spray that has D3 and K2 in. Three sprays umder the tongue per day = 3000iu of D3, so should last a month.

SarahT

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2023, 11:11:11 AM »

And please be kind to yourself.
You have had a lot of stress in your lives, both of you. There is a lot to adapt to and you are taking on extra physical work too, as well as the emotional toll. You are NOT lazy I am sure.
If it is at all possible,try to take a tiny bit of the day out just for you. Maybe a walk, a bath or just sitting quietly on your own for a little recharge. Do not underestimate how the body and mind reacts to stress. And well done for accepting the changes and making the most of things as they are.

Minusminnie

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2023, 01:30:10 PM »

We have had a tough few years with a few emergencies on hubby's health and now adjusting to him needing a wheelchair when we go out. Plus me taking on the house and garden (neither are small) as he is not able. Big adjustments all round, but wanting to make the most of what we have and are still able to do. Challenging at times though I must say.

Have you thought of downsizing so that the house and garden do not becoming overwhelming or more of a burden for you over time. Moving can be stressful but not so much if you are focused on and your energy going towards a better end result.

Could your garden be altered so that it is low maintenance ?

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2023, 01:48:15 PM »

?? what's K2 ??  ???

I would love to move - last night I dreamt that we had bought a large mansion in France, it was lovely: large garden, long open plan kitchen/utlity/dining room/lounge all opening onto a patio with views  8).  Didn't get upstairs but I understand that every room has a balcony and ensuite .......... but I don't speak French nor do I have a Passport  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2023, 01:49:23 PM »

Our garden is too large.  I concentrate on two borders a year now, due to it being too hot or wet to get it all done in one year.  The other borders take care of themselves.  Plants that I love are in pots or near to the house.  However, as this was a field until 1965 we are doing constant battle with weeds  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2023, 03:23:19 PM »

You've lost me  ;D  .....

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2023, 03:53:59 PM »

D3 and K2  ....... you're so sharp you'll cut yourself  ::)  ;D

Come in purplenanny B4 we meander any further  :-\

I'm a great 1 for making lists so that I can see what I have actually achieved - I do tend to do stuff that I enjoy outside which is why the house is a slum. 

Penguin

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2023, 05:33:42 PM »

Lol you two crack me up, well needed laugh this pm so thank you!

Seriously though its a good product. And K2 is the related vitamin D3 needs in order to work better, I can't explain it better than that, sorry 🤣

purplenanny

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2023, 06:19:31 PM »

Thank you so much for your replies. Very sorry for not replying sooner.

I've made note of the vitamins thanks. If I could just have more energy I could cope.

We have lived here for 36 yrs and hubby has literally refurbed the whole house and between us the garden.  Moving would be far too upsetting.

SarahT....thank you for your kind words x

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2023, 06:57:57 PM »

Too early yet, too many memories.  So discuss the alternatives with him - how would he feel about educating young people for example.  Could an area be put over for children to learn in .......... gravel gardens seem popular however, we've found that there is as much if not more weeding to do  >:(.

I've tried herbs, they don't like it either.  Cats ruined the mint  ::)

Thinking about what you grow and can you double/treble what you like but plants that don't take as much care?  Other than a gentle trimming in Autumn? 

Minusminnie

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2023, 07:28:22 AM »

We have lived here for 36 yrs and hubby has literally refurbed the whole house and between us the garden.  Moving would be far too upsetting.

I understand.   You have a lot invested over time but at the end of the day we are just all custodians of bricks and mortar and your health is important.

We were 22 years at last property so not as long as you have been.  Everyones circumstances are different but we took an early
decision to futureproof ourselves while we still can.

What we have now is very similar property and garden but on a much smaller scale and easy to cope with for now and into the furture.  You can take memories with you I moved plants with sentimental value and they have all taken.

purplenanny

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2023, 07:37:13 AM »

I understand.   You have a lot invested over time but at the end of the day we are just all custodians of bricks and mortar and your health is important.

We were 22 years at last property so not as long as you have been.  Everyones circumstances are different but we took an early
decision to futureproof ourselves while we still can.

What we have now is very similar property and garden but on a much smaller scale and easy to cope with for now and into the furture.  You can take memories with you I moved plants with sentimental value and they have all taken.

Yes, wise advice but hubby is 83 and happy where he is. We don't want the upheaval and stress of moving.

That's great you took your plants and moved happily

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2023, 09:20:46 AM »

Morning.  Does DH bury his head and probably doesn't feel in his 80s ;-).  Will he talk about how to manage in future?  I tried with mine yesterday and got 'stop worrying yet'.  But I want to future proof in case something bad happens suddenly, so have planted more shrubs, have moved a few that need support along the fence ........ it's the weeds in the patio and front gravel that take up our time, both get hot sunshine or heavy rain.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 11:50:49 AM by CLKD »
Pages: [1] 2