Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Not Meno but ( adult children)  (Read 2318 times)

Ms Jacks

Not Meno but ( adult children)
« on: September 19, 2023, 10:23:49 AM »

Hello all

I know not a meno topic 'but'

Does anyone have experiences of their adult children behaving awfully towards them?

I had 3 children, eldest died ( suicide) in 2014
Middle a lad now 26, always a challenge- now shocking
youngest a girl now 25 great until 14, difficulties then and levelled until 17, now a recovered cocaine addict but still challenging

Its beginning to seriously affect my physical and MH - diagnosed ME a few months ago and my emotions are in the gutter

Any help, support, advice gratefully accepted

Thanks
Ms Jacks x

SarahT

Re: Not Meno but ( adult children)
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023, 10:45:57 AM »

Hello Ms Jacks,

What a horrible and was few years for you. I cannot find adequate words for what you have gone through and are now hit with again.

Of course your MH is taking a battering. Do you have mental health support? Other family knowledge and support? Is your gp aware of your MH?
Sorry firing  questions at you here. I am a bit of a loud open voice regarding MH ensuring people know there is medical and emotional support around, having worked with this for myself and others in my life.  You are not alone.

I cannot help children wise, am not a mum through choice but am sure someone can help here.

Last week I was told the CFS I had some 30 years ago has been retriggered by perimenopause,bit of a running thread on here lately, just so you know there are others on her who have an understanding in some respects. a browse may help on  this subject.

I just needed to say hello and send you a massive hug. Xx

Ms Jacks

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2023, 10:55:15 AM »

Sarah T.

Thank you so so much.

Just arranging counselling and ceasing contact with my two to enable me to protect myself from more hurt- but its hard to unhear their words.

Ms Jacks xx

Dorothy Gale

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2023, 07:11:00 PM »

Hello

I just wanted to send some support to you.

I have M.E. too.

M.E is massively affected by stress or any emotional traumas and will worsen when a sufferer goes through really difficult times. Trust me. I could write a book on it.

I'm so sorry for all you've been through.

I don't know if I'm allowed to mention other websites? But the M.E Association has a wonderful listening ear phone support line for anyone affected by M.E. I use it when I'm struggling. They are so kind and listen. Open every day. It's called M.E connect 03445765326

Self care is so important where M.E is concerned. So do all you need to look after YOU.

Just know you're not alone. X

« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 07:19:02 PM by Dorothy Gale »

Ms Jacks

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2023, 08:29:51 PM »

Hello Dorothy

Thanks so much for your reply and kindness to share information.
My journey with ME started in Feb and eventually diagnosed in June.
This last weekend was horrendous stress and I must take a stance with my children to put me myself first and only me.
With kindness
Ms Jacks xx

Dorothy Gale

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2023, 10:43:50 AM »

You're welcome  :foryou:
 I understand fully how much of a struggle it all is.
Keep posting if you need us x

SarahT

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2023, 11:22:14 AM »

Absolutely do keep posting.

Whilst some can offer help and advice,sometimes a bit of understanding and support goes a long way. There's always someone here even just to say we get it, we are listening xx

Ms Jacks

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2023, 11:42:59 AM »

Hello Sarah T/ Dorothy

I am a great one for helping others albeit I forget myself.

Taken a huge step back from my remaining children - who frankly treat me like trash.

Speaking to a counsellor tomorrow to ensure I get the support needed and my lovely husband is mega supportive.

Appointment for the ME will happen ( On the waiting list) so hopefully I get a better understanding of this condition- oh and I have broken my foot just now too::((

Thanks so much again

Ms Jacks xx