Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Ovarian Remnant Sydrome  (Read 1435 times)

Jellyb

Ovarian Remnant Sydrome
« on: September 08, 2023, 01:03:38 PM »

Hi
Some of you may recall that I posted about this around 12 years ago.  At the time I had already had both ovaries & tubes removed some years previously but was getting pain the same as when I used to have ovarian cysts.  Sure enough I did have one and so underwent surgery to remove the remnant of what ovarian tissue was left.  As it turned out, the surgery was much longer and more complicated than planned as I had so many adhesions from previous ovarian surgeries.  My consultant described my insides as "just one mass of everything stuck to everything else".
The recovery was awful.
Fast forward to today...  I have been feeling a fullness in my lower abdomen, and pain when sitting down and walking - all the signs that I have numerous times before (I had 8 surgeries for cysts before my ovaries were removed).  I know my body and I'm pretty sure I have a cyst.  BUT - I do not want any surgery, I don't want to go through any of that again so I'm kind of burying my head in the sand at present.  I haven't contacted the Dr/Consultant whereas, previously, I would have been straight on the phone.  I don't know what to do, but I feel very tearful & emotional, which always happened with a cyst. 
Apologies for the long post but I truly thought I was done with all of this and I'm realy fed up.

Flossieteacake

Re: Ovarian Remnant Sydrome
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2023, 01:21:41 PM »

So sorry to hear this Jellyb. I do not have any advice but just wanted to send you my support. You have been through so much and I totally understand why you are feeling the way you are right now. 🫂

Sage 🍃

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2023, 01:23:47 PM »

No need to apologise, you've been through a lot! I don't know much about ovarian cysts, but I do know that the medical approach to the need for surgery has changed, so I think you should see a doctor. Maybe there are alternatives.

I'm sure a more knowledgeable person will reply.  :-*

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2023, 01:42:24 PM »

Could you have a lookC at the Ovarian Cancer group, 'ovacome' and ask there?

Could this cyst be blasted with ultrasound?  Why no more surgery, it may be less troublesome these days.  Let us know how you get on and have a  :foryou:

Jellyb

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2023, 02:01:58 PM »

Thanks all,
I have a friend who went through a lot of ovarian cyst surgery around the same time as me and ended up with a perforated bowel and stoma - the surgeon did keyhole rather than cut open - and that has terrified me ever since.  After the last op, the first thing I did when I woke up was feel my stomach for a stoma bag.  So, that's why no more surgery.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2023, 02:26:37 PM »

I understand your worries.

Let us know of any options to avoid surgical intervention.