Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Membership security  (Read 15182 times)

Jules

Membership security
« on: September 04, 2023, 10:13:29 PM »

I've had emails saying that forgot password has been applied on my account. Can you delete your posts on here and how do you actually close an account on here?

Dierdre

Re: Membership security
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 08:04:33 AM »

Not sure how to delete posts but to delete account go to profile, action, delete account.  I don't know if that also deletes posts. If you leave I think your posts stay on the forum. Perhaps ask Emma if you're worried about security.

Jules

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2023, 09:03:55 AM »

Who is Emma? I think someone has been trying to hack my account so wondering if I cancel it then rejoin it might help.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2023, 09:12:20 AM »

Emma is the administrar, if your account is being hacked I'm sure she'd like to know. If you look at the admin type forums you'll find posts by her and can contact her that way. Report to Moderator will get to her too.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2023, 09:13:14 AM »

Emma is the administrator of the forum. You can delete the content of your posts by going to your post and editing them but if someone has quoted them in their reply, then the content will remain. I have asked for posts to be deleted in the past (some years ago) because of concerns about identity.

Hurdity x

Jules

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2023, 09:38:16 AM »

Emma is the administrator of the forum. You can delete the content of your posts by going to your post and editing them but if someone has quoted them in their reply, then the content will remain. I have asked for posts to be deleted in the past (some years ago) because of concerns about identity.

Hurdity x
Ok thanks. I have tried to delete my posts but can't. I will let them know about the security issue.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2023, 09:40:22 AM »

Posts can be deleted other than the initial one when a topic is started.  However, it makes responses out of kilter with the thread.  Send an e-mail to Emma for advice, rather than re-joining. 

Jules

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2023, 08:07:09 PM »

I've not managed to find Emma :-\

Dierdre

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2023, 08:23:30 PM »

Go to Forum at the top of the page in the black square and then Forum Guide or Events, Emma's posts.

Sage 🍃

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2023, 10:36:32 PM »

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2023, 07:48:29 AM »

Ok thanks. I have tried to delete my posts but can't. I will let them know about the security issue.

As CLKD says you can delete your posts if you did not start the topic. If you did start the topic then you can't delete them but you can edit the content of the first post in the thread that you started so that in effect it is deleted.

You just go to your post and click on the blue tab which says "modify" and then do that. As I said before - if others have quoted your post in their answer then you can only remove this by contacting Emma

Hope you manage to do this OK

Hurdity x

Emma

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2023, 10:21:22 AM »

got this

Jules

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2023, 10:34:01 AM »

Okay, I've sorted it out. For a start I didn't realise there were public forums and that's what I've been posting in. It seems log in attempts have been made. I'm going to switch to members forum in future