Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Advice re Polyp cervix  (Read 1524 times)

luckylady

• First Flush
Advice re Polyp cervix
« on: September 04, 2023, 06:01:25 PM »

Any advice appreciated
Upon my routine smear the nurse said she noticed a polyp, I went to see a gyne who confirmed (could not take it out there and then) and has told me to have it removed.

I am a very nervous person, I have quite bad health anxiety and I am scared to have a general anesthetic, so she has suggested sedation.

The only time that I have possibly thought that I had one was before my smear after having sex and there was fresh blood on the bedding (sorry for tmi) and that is it but not alot of blood just a little spot.  But this could have been dryness too possibly?

Should I still get this removed if it is not causing me any trouble?  Anyone else gone with sedation and been okay and even not had sedation for this

Any advice appreciated thank you

Taz2

Re: Advice re Polyp cervix
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2023, 07:14:56 AM »

Hi luckylady. If you have health anxiety then I would think that removal is a good idea to get rid of any worry over it becoming cancerous. The likelihood of that is low of course but it may still play on your mind. Many are removed with only local anaesthetic but were you told why yours would need a general? There is helpful info from this hospital https://www.chelwest.nhs.uk/your-visit/patient-leaflets/medicine-services/cervical-polyps

Let us know what you decide to do but I do think that it save you a lot of anxiety if it's removed

Taz x  :)