Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New deep aching lower back pain for more than a month. So scared.  (Read 20871 times)

loonarider

Hi ladies,

So for the past few months I've been experiencing a very deep pain in lower back, coupled with aching pain, like period cramps.

It is all day, but worse in the morning where it takes me 30 minutes to get out of bed. It's hard to walk as my back fills like jelly with no support whatsoever. It really.is scary.

The reason I'm afraid is because I've had back pain, sciatica, and your usual musculoskeletal pain after lifting heavy weights for example. However this feels different, and insidious. Is it cancer, arthritis, degenerative disc disease?

I'm 45. Could it be hormones? It's all specualtion I know, but I guess I'm here because I was salce and comfort. I dunno, I'm so tired from this, and quality of life is 0.  I love exercise, and haven't been able to do it for a few weeks now. I feel disabled.

I'm scared it's cancer because I've had it for about two months now everyday. And the pain is not the same as the above, it's a deep soreness and sometimes a horrible sharp pain if I walk normally or not! It is constantly there all day everyday and it's getting me down.

I hoped it would shift after doing special physiotherapeutic exercises, applying heat, etc. I've done all these treatments consistently to no avail.

My doctor is calling me tomorrow. I hope to get an MRI asap as I can't take the pain. It's ruining my life and it's causing me to not enjoy working.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New deep aching lower back pain for more than a month. So scared.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 07:05:44 PM »

Wait until the MRI results are ready, I suspect that it's probably natural ageing.  A drop of oestrogen may cause laxity of muscles = aches and pains.

I've had low back pain in the small area after 2 weeks of resting during Covid.  I took pain relief and walked gently, for 3 days I was bent over.  It did improve.

Let us know what the GP suggests.

loonarider

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023, 07:38:26 PM »

Wait until the MRI results are ready, I suspect that it's probably natural ageing.  A drop of oestrogen may cause laxity of muscles = aches and pains.

I've had low back pain in the small area after 2 weeks of resting during Covid.  I took pain relief and walked gently, for 3 days I was bent over.  It did improve.

Let us know what the GP suggests.

That's promising.

Thank you CklD,

Excuse my grammar and typos. Typing from my phone and I'm.pretty terribly at it x :)

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2023, 07:42:11 PM »

I am slowly regaining stamina = more upright.  A deep bubble bath each night.  Gentle walking round the garden has helped.  Also looking in the mirror and gently making myself stand more upright as muscles soon get 'set'. 

KaraShannon

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2023, 09:31:58 PM »

Understand the anxiety but it doesn't necessarily mean something like cancer.  And also at 45 hormones are likely to be playing a role, the fact it feels like jelly sometimes, like you have no support (?), I've had that.  I also woke up with terrible back pain for a month in the mornings and it was really worrying.  Then spontaneously went away, then returned sporadically.  Seems to have gone since staring hrt (not that I'm saying that's the answer, but just an example of a really hideous and worrying back pain, which it was, that spontaneously got better).  Take care, let us know what your doctor says  :)

LilyRose

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2023, 05:33:21 PM »

Hi @Loonarider.  How are you doing now? Is your back better and did you get a diagnosis? 

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2023, 07:25:16 PM »

What did your GP recommend?

Minicat

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2024, 06:21:45 PM »

I'm 37 and went through something really similar—a deep, aching pain in my lower back that just wouldn't go away. It lasted for about 3 months, and like you, I was pretty scared. The pain was always there, making it hard to do everyday things, and nothing I tried seemed to help.

After trying a few things on my own, I decided to seek professional help and went to Wright's Wellness Clinic in Etobicoke to see Denisha Thompson. Denisha was amazing; she conducted a thorough assessment to understand the root cause of my pain. She used a combination of hands-on treatment for immediate relief and taught me specific exercises to strengthen my back. She also advised on posture adjustments and how to move correctly to avoid further strain. Her approach was personalized, and she was incredibly supportive throughout my recovery process. It wasn't an overnight fix, but gradually, with her guidance, I started to feel a significant improvement.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 04:10:01 PM by Minicat »

SadieLou

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2024, 07:42:54 PM »

I've had back issues for years but it's gotten worse the last six months or so.   I had a CT scan in December for abdominal pain (turned out to be ovarian cysts) and the scan also found degenerative disc disease in my lower spine.  I'm glad it's just that, but I'm not enjoying it.   ;D.  Keeping up with a walking and stretching routine really helps me, if that is what your scan shows.

LottieB

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2024, 05:08:06 PM »

Hi Loonarider
I have just come across your post and have exactly the same issue, ongoing severe lower back pain, left hand side and coccyx mostly, for the last 3 months.
I was wondering if your issues have got better and if you found out what was causing them?