Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Covid again! Anyone else?  (Read 10610 times)

Dierdre

Re: Covid again! Anyone else?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2023, 08:26:52 PM »

Just keep up with the vaccinations and hope we don't get seriously ill.

Taz x

My granddaughter had it last week, I was surprised as not heard anyone having it for quite a while. I didn't know vaccines were still being given.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2023, 09:01:03 PM »

I hadn't heard that there's a continuing vaccine programme  :-\

Aprilflower

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2023, 07:17:06 AM »

Just keep up with the vaccinations and hope we don't get seriously ill.

Taz x

No more vaccinations for me.  The booster caused me heart problems for six months. My one covid infection was no more than a cold.

Taz2

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2023, 09:28:00 AM »

Whoops! I didn't realise that the booster programme has been stepped down - sorry. It seems to be against the advice of the European health organisation who think that people should have an autumn booster 2023 for over 60s and a spring one for the over 80's. I'm not sure what age group we will give an autumn booster to. The information seems a bit sparse reading "depending on age" but no age mentioned. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/jcvi-advises-an-autumn-covid-19-vaccine-booster

I do find it strange having been told that we need the vaccinations to prevent serious illness but now, in order to get it under control in the community, we have to let it run it's course and some will get over it and some won't. I'm still annoyed I got it again as I felt fairly healthy although I did have a tummy bug about a month ago which really left me very tired.

The cough is developing well  - I didn't have much of a cough last time - and OH is about the same. We still don't know who caught it first as looking back we both felt a bit "off" towards the end of last week. He has lots of it at work and because they don't get paid if off sick nobody tests and just carries on working.

Aprilflower - I'm pleased that your covid infection was no more than a cold but so sorry about your heart problems. Is it permanently damaged? I had to spend some time in A&E last July after catching covid as it did weird things with my heart rate and rhythm so, for me, I think the vaccine probably helped me avoid a more serious illness. It's strange how we are all affected differently. Close friends of mine in their fifties caught it at the same time. She had no symptoms but he ended up on a ventilator. They are both fit and healthy.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2023, 05:17:45 PM »

Any improvement Taz?

Taz2

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2023, 06:10:54 PM »

Yes I think we are both feeling better today thanks. Fever finally gone for both of us. Cough much less and aches and pains hardly noticeable. I'm getting bored now so must be feeling better!

Taz x  :thankyou:

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2023, 08:01:24 AM »

Great.  Another couple of days resting then I'm afraid that you will have to look at the household chores: then on Friday, tackle said chores ;-)

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2023, 09:18:36 AM »

Butting in here: last Thursday I sneezed all day; Fri and Sat really tired, slept a lot.  Decided on Sunday when I felt better that it was a cold.  However: DH tested positive on Monday morning after 24 hours of aching  >:(.  He's at the coughing stage.

I had a weird head sensation for 4 hours, starting around 9.30 p.m.  The back part of the skull that we lay on felt as though it had a chicken, scratching in dry earth .... scratch x 5, then stop.  Repeat.  Occaionslly my brain would feel like it was moving slightly behind.  Even when completely still.  It kept me awake as did my brain trying to solve crossword clues - but the grid wasn't suitable for the clues  >:(

I've had a bath, cuppa to hand.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2023, 09:27:48 AM »

Butting in here: last Thursday I sneezed all day; Fri and Sat really tired, slept a lot.  Decided on Sunday when I felt better that it was a cold.  However: DH tested positive on Monday morning after 24 hours of aching  >:(.  He's at the coughing stage.

I had a weird head sensation for 4 hours, starting around 9.30 p.m.  The back part of the skull that we lay on felt as though it had a chicken, scratching in dry earth .... scratch x 5, then stop.  Repeat.  Occaionslly my brain would feel like it was moving slightly behind.  Even when completely still.  It kept me awake as did my brain trying to solve crossword clues - but the grid wasn't suitable for the clues  >:(

I've had a bath, cuppa to hand.

Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell. If you have Covid then I hope it passes soon and you feel back to your usual self.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2023, 09:34:44 AM »

Tnx.  DH looked up those who will be eligible for boosters: no1 under the age of 50.  Apparently.  I was told yesterday that there have been 4 more variants in the last 8-9 months ...... it's my muzzy head so will sit in the sun and breath  ::)

Healthy under 65s in Scotland.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 09:36:27 AM by CLKD »

Taz2

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2023, 11:06:24 AM »

Over 65 in England and Wales will receive a booster this year after all.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2023, 11:12:35 AM »

Morning, how R U both?  we R mooching  :-\

Taz2

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2023, 12:49:35 PM »

We're doing ok. OH back at work so it's peaceful here  ;D

I'm just tired like after flu. Every time I go past a chair my legs want to sit down  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2023, 07:16:51 PM »

I haven't been able to resist dropping off to sleep for the last couple of days, the last 3 hours I've had proper sleep.  The pain in my cheek/face as well as the odd heads feelings are disappearing.  DH is still coughing and blowing.  Hard. 

Taz2

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2023, 07:34:10 PM »

I had a weird headache with tender scalp and real fatigue three days before testing positive. OH had a cough and sneezing/snotty nose for a couple of days before. We still don't know who caught it first.

Taz x
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6