Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: e-bike technology  (Read 6639 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
e-bike technology
« on: July 04, 2023, 05:35:54 PM »

Do not put these items on charge without being close by because they can fly afire.  When MotoGP began e-bike racing 5 years ago, a whole garage of expensive motor bikes were lost due to the lithium batteries over charging. 

A family of 3 died due to a fire probably caused by an e-bike on charge over night.   :'(
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 12:03:12 PM by CLKD »

AngelaH

Re: e-bike technology
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2023, 10:09:15 AM »

I don’t use my e-bike for a couple of years now, unfortunately due to my menopause symptoms getting worse, poor concentration and feeling wobbly, make me feel that it’s not safe and stoped me from using it at all. I used to ride to work, but now have to walk, lucky it’s not long way, just about 15-20 min walk. I remember when I used my bike I never left it on charge overnight, I always felt like it would be dangerous, never actually trusted it.

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2023, 12:03:50 PM »

No device should be left on charge over night  :-\

How do U get on with the walk, I know that I need to do more exercise  :-\

AngelaH

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2023, 05:12:53 PM »

No device should be left on charge over night  :-\

How do U get on with the walk, I know that I need to do more exercise  :-\

This is exactly what I tell my daughter, she prefers to charge her phone during night and I am not happy with that.

I like my walks, I can walk long hours and feel still not enough. I have a dog Jack Russell, she has energy more than any nuclear power plant, so we worth each other. I have problems with my left hip and I noticed the more I walk, the less pain I have, but sitting or lying in the bed for long hours make my pain worse. Long working hours don’t help with the problem as well, so I do try to walk everywhere if time allows me to do that. If you have a plenty of time for yourself it  makes easy for you to keep exercising regularly, but when you walk you shouldn’t do it at slow speed, you should walk at a speed that will make your heart beat faster, otherwise you can get some positive emotions from your walks, but not a form of physical exercise.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2023, 07:11:07 PM »

I really agree AngelaH.  One should walk briskly enough to be able to hold a conversation but not feel out of breath.  Difficult as I talk to myself all the while  :o  :-X Apparently.

When I get sciatica I find that two Nurofen, out for a walk 10 mins later and it releases the nerve.  The condition that I have now fortunately doesn't affect me in the day, although I am aware by morning that the pelvic/thigh area hurts.  The diagnosis will come to me later. Maybe ;-)