Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Hysterectomy . Tips and advice  (Read 8654 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hysterectomy . Tips and advice
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2023, 05:25:24 PM »

I don't think that vaginal atrophy treatment is considered HRT as other types might be following surgery, so it might be worth while sending an e-mail to Dr Currie asking the question?  She can then discuss if necessary with colleagues .........  there is a charge.

It annoys me that Surgeons still don't 'get it', that women will require some way of relieving symptoms. 

Have  :foryou: and I am SO PLEASED that your cancer was contained.  PHEW!

Summer-sky

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2023, 07:57:28 PM »

Brilliant news all contained Rosie Roo and no further treatment required.  Delighted to hear this news. What a relief for you.  Talk to your oncologist/consultant about it as some do consider VA treatment differently and do prescribe it post gynae cancers depending on the type/stage/grade etc. Or as CKLD suggests email Dr Currie. I've just been allowed to give some Ovestin cream a go, so it's worth asking if you have symptoms going on.  Well done with it all, a tough ride for the last few months. xx

Rosie Roo

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2023, 08:21:18 PM »

Thank you ladies xx
Thank you Summer-sky .. I will do that , I will email dr currie , its just that I can feel already, 4 weeks post op ,that I will definitely benefit from the vagifem that I’ve used for the last few years . X

CLKD

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2023, 08:01:43 AM »

Morning both and  :thankyou:  Summer-sky 4 your input.

let us know how you get on over the next few months?

Summer-sky

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2023, 06:46:39 PM »

Hi Rosie Roo,

How are you getting on with your recovery?  I hope you are feeling on the up and getting stronger each day. xx

Rosie Roo

« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2023, 08:30:52 PM »

Hello  Summer-sky … I’m good thanks . 6 weeks post op tomorrow , and every week I’ve gotten stronger with more energy. The bowels settled and the fatigue is disappearing thank goodness . I couldn’t email dr currie re : starting vagifem again as she isn’t taking any emails at the moment. But I am going to message my oncology nurse tomorrow. I was on hrt and vagifem for many years and am now having quite bad Gsm symptoms . Ideally I would like to start vagifem again . My gp has said he doesn’t have a problem prescribing it but will need the ok from consultant . It is such a small dose of localised oestrogen but makes such a difference . I’m aware there isn’t any data on it and thats why so many doctors have different opinions  re any form of oestrogen when you have had cancer . I’m also going to book a womens physiotherapist to help me with my pelvic floor . I just don’t know whether I’m doing the exercises correctly or not !
The last couple of months have been exhausting and extremely trying but I’m grateful that it wasn’t a worse outcome and I do appreciate this forum of ladies that are kind and so very supportive. Thanks for asking after me Summer -sky .. x

CLKD

« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2023, 09:09:49 PM »

Criky 6 weeks  :o

I think that getting VA under control will help overall recovery.  Can't remember whether you required it nightly or 'managed' occasionally each week?

:tulips2: :tulips:

Summer-sky

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2023, 12:41:43 PM »

Hi Rosie Roo,

Glad to hear you are getting stronger by the week.  I remember between the 6 and 8 week mark things definitely became like they were moving more forward than backwards!  I think the womens physio sounds a great idea and something I am looking at too due to bladder and pelvic floor stuff.  How did you get on with speaking to your oncology nurse?  I hope you are also doing ok emotionally with all that has happened. If not, I've found it does get easier to process as time goes on and my thoughts don't revolve around cancer and what if's so much anymore etc etc.  I get a bit of 'scanxiety' when the time comes but learning (slowly!) to park the thoughts.  Glad the fatigue is disappearing and bowels have settled too.   Look after yourself, you are doing brilliantly! xx

Rosie Roo

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2023, 07:36:27 AM »

Thank you Summer -sky for your lovely supportive message . Am feeling much better mentally and physically at week 7 . And happier, as now my consultant has said yes to vagifem . A good result as far as I’m concerned … it’s a game changer for me !! I’m due a follow up appointment in the next few months .. just glad that I can now go forward and try to put the stress and worry of the last few months behind me . Hope you keep well and thanks xxx

Summer-sky

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2023, 02:01:24 PM »

Hi Rosie Roo,  that's a good result re the yes to vagifem from your consultant.  I wish you well for your follow up and moving forward back into the rhythm of life with the endometrial cancer and all the worry firmly planted in the rear view mirror!  Take good care and onwards and upwards. xx

Birdwatcher

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2023, 07:35:25 AM »

So pleased you don’t need any more treatment . It is right that this is like an endurance course , and a hard one sometimes. The waiting is mind bending. I’m 2 weeks post op and waiting on results. It is so lovely reading all the supportive comments. So pleased for you re your results take care xxx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]