Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Hysterectomy . Tips and advice  (Read 8652 times)

Summer-sky

Re: Hysterectomy . Tips and advice
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2023, 06:33:23 PM »

Hello Rosie Roo,
Glad to hear you had amazing care in hospital and hope recovery at home going well although feeling like your body has been through the wringer.  As CLKD says you are now in the system for regular checks which is reassuring going forward.  It's great they now test for Lynch Syndrome if going through treatment for womb cancer.  Wishing you well and take it steady  :) xx

Rosie Roo

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2023, 12:17:34 AM »

Thank you to all you ladies for your lovely messages . They mean a lot. It’s so comforting to know other women are supportive and caring even when we are strangers . X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2023, 08:31:31 AM »

Let us know the biopsy results?  In the meantime, get into the shade with a cuppa and rest  ;)

Summer-sky

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2023, 07:56:25 PM »

Hi Rosie Roo,
Just wanted to say hello and hope you are doing ok with recovery and feeling on the up physically after the initial aches and pains from the op and anaesthetic etc  Keep taking it easy, Sum x

Rosie Roo

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2023, 08:19:57 PM »

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments . I’m ok, week 2 post op , it’s been a rollercoaster. Couldn’t stop crying yesterday .. came out of nowhere , guessing it all just caught up with me . The c diagnosis , the operation , now recovery and waiting for pathology. Better day today . Thank god for fibre gel though . Wish my bowels would waken up 😂. 
You ladies are so kind .. just comforting to have encouragement and kindness xx

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2023, 08:51:14 AM »

Morning.  Usually it's the anaesthetic that causes tears: plus stress, a certain amount of shock ...... I remember Sister Jones saying "I don't know what's in the mix this morning but they are all coming back crying from theatre". 

I also remember being totally overwhelmed with tiredness 10 days after my wisdom teeth were removed.  I had to go to bed to sleep, no arguments. 

It must seem ages to you waiting for biopsy results!  By now I would be ringing up!

mandss

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2023, 01:39:54 PM »

So pleased its all done, take your time with your recovery, you only get once chance to heal. I am now 7 months po, and am feeling great. It did take time tho. Good luck xxx

Donna-paul

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2023, 06:37:30 PM »

My pathology took 3-4 weeks to come back so know how you are feeling. Did the hospital send you home with some bowel softeners if they not helping get your Gp to prescribe some laxatives sachets they will help. I’m now 12 weeks and won’t lie it’s been very up and down still have pain. But gratefully caught early and everything taken away we have had no choice but to go on this journey good luck

Summer-sky

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2023, 07:21:39 PM »

Hi Rosie Roo,
Sending a big virtual hug your way. It can be a bit one step forward and two back for awhile physically and emotionally but you’ll get there.  In the end I had to chuck everything at my bowels to get them moving. It’s a big old operation and everything has to find its new place inside and settle  ;) Never an easy time waiting again for the pathology but I hope they come through soon. Take it gently xx

Rosie Roo

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2023, 08:57:25 PM »

Ladies … for fear of repeating myself .. but honestly,  cant say how much I appreciate all your kind words of encouragement . It’s a fairly lonely journey because as much as family have been amazing you don't want to burden them with all  what’s going on, not only in your head, but every issue post op. Thank you for holding my hand xx

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2023, 08:41:00 AM »

U R very welcome.  Do let your family know as they may be worried but don't want to 'keep on'.   ::) I got fed up supporting others and feeling brave for them  ....... so took days off to have a very good bawl. 

Rosie Roo

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2023, 03:58:35 PM »

Just got the all clear from pathology . The cancer has luckily been contained in the womb ,and i dont need any further treatment. Thank goodness . Wont be able to take hrt going forward as it was oestrogen driven . Not sure about vagifem ?
Anyways just to say, ladies …thank you again for all your kind encouragement. It means a lot ! And ladies .. any unexpected bleeding … get it checked !

DottyD68

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2023, 04:22:44 PM »

What a huge relief for you Rosie Roo  :) Now you can concentrate on making a full recovery after your op. Really pleased for you X

Penguin

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2023, 04:25:25 PM »

That's great news, really pleased for you!

discogirl

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2023, 05:12:57 PM »

Just got the all clear from pathology . The cancer has luckily been contained in the womb ,and i dont need any further treatment. Thank goodness . Wont be able to take hrt going forward as it was oestrogen driven . Not sure about vagifem ?
Anyways just to say, ladies …thank you again for all your kind encouragement. It means a lot ! And ladies .. any unexpected bleeding … get it checked !

I just wanted to say I'm so very pleased xxx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4