Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Mood crashes on progesterone  (Read 3656 times)

1beanangel

• First Flush
Mood crashes on progesterone
« on: May 31, 2023, 01:14:57 PM »

Hi, I'm new to the forum so please be kind.
I've been peri-menopausal for about 9 years & have finally gone onto HRT.
I was on a combination patch but when I started the 2nd 1/2 of the month my mood crashed. I have been given 200mg progesterone by suppository to be taken 2nd 2 weeks, but this made my mood crash even worse!
Any suggestions for an alternative other than not take it!!
Thanks

SarahT

Re: Mood crashes on progesterone
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023, 01:24:46 PM »

Hello beanangel,

Welcome, and don't worry everyone on here are lovely and full of advice and support.

I can't really advise on the progesterone side, as I did not get one with the utrogestan, which I took orally. So I had the mirena coil fitted to supply a more steady supply of progesterone,which is needed to help protect the womb whilst taking the oestrogen.

I am sure others will be along who do take progesterone the way you do, to offer advice.

But you have come to the right place for help and support and info announced about anything!

lizzie1370

• First Flush
Re: Mood crashes on progesterone
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 09:15:45 AM »

Hi there,
After years on Menopace I went onto to HRT. Which included the Eostrogen Patch and Progesterone tablets. I too found mood changes with Progesterone. I eventually had to go daily tablets.
I now have the Merina Coil and Eostrogen Patch. It's early days for me.
I would speak to your gp's there should be an expert in the field perhaps a nurse who can assist with balancing out the Progesterone.
There are natural alternatives out there, but please try your gp's first it may be just an adjustment in mg's needed.