Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Vaginally utrogestan and thrush  (Read 708 times)

AndyC

• First Flush
Vaginally utrogestan and thrush
« on: June 05, 2023, 01:00:46 PM »

Hi All, this is very similar to a recent post so please forgive me. I can't take Utrogestan orally without wanting to jump off a bridge. So I've been taking it vaginally 100mg nightly. I have the MOST horrendous itching especially at night, I began to think it was thrush, its hard to tell because the tablets break down and get messy (such fun) and it looks a bit like thrush. Has anyone else had this? I've got a bleed at the moment ( I get monthly bleeds on HRT which is a pain but hey ho, I get regular scans) which has stopped the itching and I've gone back to orally, but I won't be able to stand that for long. If its not a common thing then I'll try again but if many of you experience this then I'll head back to my GP and discuss other options, thanks 😊

discogirl

Re: Vaginally utrogestan and thrush
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 01:29:14 PM »

hi AndyC

im so sorry about your thrush ive never had it but i know its awful.

i too cannot tolerate utro orally it makes me want to jump off the same bridge.

i take my utro vaginally but in the morning as evening even vaginally seems to make me feel wired.

my gp has just prescribed cyclogest for me to try rectally xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 01:50:47 PM »

Is it possible the itching is actually VA? Are you using any localised oestrogen for that?

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 02:03:10 PM »

I have found vaginal utro sometimes gives me thrush like symptoms so I've changed to oral for the last couple of cycles. Worth checking it isn't va or thrush though.

AndyC

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 02:59:19 PM »

Interesting to hear that others feel the same about oral Utrogestan. I think I'd better go and see my GP and get a swab if nothing else.....thanks guys