Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: What is going on "down there"?!  (Read 5738 times)

Evies19688

What is going on "down there"?!
« on: May 12, 2023, 09:18:51 AM »

Hello,  I'm hoping for reassurance . Over the past couple of years I've noticed changes to the way my vagina feels. The inner lips seem to have shrunk and changed colour..I know changes happen and have read about dryness etc but can't find any info on this..I suppose it is quite personal (but this is just between us right so it's all fine 😊 ) and have been too embarrassed to post and ask about this before.
Also, whilst on this subject; I am sore in the area between my bottom and vagina.. It's quite fragile and feels sore nearly all the time and if I'm over rigorous after going to the loo it feels really stingy. I had caesareans with my three so have never,  thankfully, experienced vaginal tears but feel it's in the same area? I've had a quick look and can see what looks like a small, almost paper cut type mark.
I can't find any info on both these things so any help and reassurance please. Thank you

mandss

Re: What is going on "down there"?!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 10:03:49 AM »

Sounds like another joy of the menopause. It maybe Vaginal atrophy. There is a brilliant FB page all about it and other similar issues. Might be worth a read. I have started using aqueous cream down there just to keep the area moist and it does not irritate. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 10:45:22 AM »

Sounds like thin tissues in the vulva region.  Get some sudacrem or similar on the area now and later in the day.

As oestrogen levels drop the skin may become dry/thin.  Itchy, sore, red; between the toes, vagina, anus, scalp, deep in the ears etc..  Appropriate vaginal atrophy treatment will ease symptoms.

One could ask for 'vagifem' to use internally with 'ovestin' gently applied to the vagina and perineum to keep the skin softer and less likely to split.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 10:55:26 AM »

Aw, there is no need to be embarrassed. Many of us have these symptoms and there are so many threads about that on here. The shrinkage you describe will be due to lack of oestrogen. This can also effect the area between the bottom and vagina.

You will need localised oestrogen for this. As you are so sore you may want to wash using only emollient too. This is what I do to ensure nothing perfumed gets at the skin.

Haydo

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2023, 12:43:01 PM »

It sounds as though you need local oestrogen.  A moisturiser such as Yes might help in the meantime, though it can be a case of trial and error finding a moisturiser that works for you.   Don’t use anything perfumed and wash with an emollient such as hydromol or cetraben.  You might find applying an emollient around the perineum area soothes things too, but ultimately you will need oestrogen.  There are lots of threads about this. The Burning Club thread under Private Lives might be a good place to start.

Ayesha

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2023, 01:07:50 PM »

Loads of posts on here about Vaginal Atrophy, well worth taking a browse and learn all there is to know about this horrid condition.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,22886.0.html

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,64837.0.html

Lynikinz

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2023, 05:41:44 PM »

Hi
I just saw your post and wondered if you had managed to get some answers to your vaginal atrophy?
Lynn x

Evies19688

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2023, 01:56:17 PM »

Hello Lynn

I eventually went to the doctor who prescribed a pessary but it contains mild HRT and I'm a bit unsure about using it so I've not.  Which is daft I know so the problem is still ongoing..... x

Penguin

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2023, 01:59:57 PM »

Hello Lynn

I eventually went to the doctor who prescribed a pessary but it contains mild HRT and I'm a bit unsure about using it so I've not.  Which is daft I know so the problem is still ongoing..... x

I've started using hydromol ointment (bought from amazon) which is an emollient and it works well on the paper cuts down there - i use it twice a day. I also should be using VA treatment but they gave me vagirux instead of the patented vagifem and it burmed, so I need to go back to the GP.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2023, 02:25:43 PM »

Evies19688 - what are U worried about?  I had breast disease treatment in the 1990s and my GP didn't hesitate in prescribing appropriate VA treatment.  4 me it was like razor blades up there and I couldn't have continued living with that. 

When U sit in front of the TV or lap top, do U not worry  :-\