Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Cream for red face  (Read 18933 times)

Padine

Cream for red face
« on: May 06, 2023, 03:46:41 PM »

I am post-meno at 63 and have developed a red face in the early evenings until bedtime! I had the same 10 years ago (meno related I'm sure) saved up and bought the Clinique creams for a red face. That was fine and I didn't need to buy any more as the creams lasted ages - then I no longer had a red face.
I seem to be reacting to the cold and wind (weather wind!  :oops:) but don't want to fork out on Clinique. I am very allergic to lanolin, can any clever girls reading this suggest anything? I had switched to the original Oil of Olay pink cream but it's not moisturising enough.

(Off to cool down now as I feel the redness starting again :hotflash:)

Padine x

Padine

Re: Cream for red face
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2023, 03:53:36 PM »

Ooops, sorry think I posted on the wrong board as this wasn't meant to be funny (unless............I do remember a comment from a cheeky pupil 10 years ago "Miss, are you feeling OK cos your face and neck are very red?"  ::) teenagers nowadays  ;D)

Px

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2023, 04:16:08 PM »

It could be funny but probably ain't!

I use vaseline 'essential healing' body lotion for everything: in a yellow bottle.  However, the ingredients are so small I can't read the list!  It does state that it is 'vaseline jelly.  MayB do a GOOGLE?

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2023, 05:06:35 PM »

My Rosacea started in this way. There are different types.

Taz x

SarahT

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2023, 06:48:26 PM »

My red face,which stings a bit, comes and goes but will stay for hours.
I switched to aveeno calm range for face. Very soothing. Rarely get a red face now... But am aware of sometime is indeed the start of rosacea.
Absent pretty reasonable. Body lotion is beautifully moisturizing too, great for sensitive skin.

MiriamT

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2023, 04:09:34 PM »

Have a look at cerave products, they are excellent for specific issues. Also number 7 do a green corrector to use in the red areas, it's not thick and easier to apply. I'm a makeup artist, I have used several types of corrector and this one is the easiest one to use with or without makeup on top

Cassie

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2023, 05:08:51 PM »

It could be rosacea, perhaps try to see a Dermatologist who can prescribe the correct cream.

DottyD68

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2023, 02:55:39 PM »

I've started to use Dermalex Rosacea cream when my cheeks look a bit too rosy  and it seems to do the trick. £19.99 from boots but apply sparingly to relevant places and it lasts ages. I've just read the lengthy list of ingredients and it does not mention lanolin.

Katherine

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2023, 09:25:34 PM »

I use Weleda white mallow baby cream on my face and the matching body lotion. A little goes a long way and I always buy when on offer. It’s by far the best skincare I’ve ever found and the only face cream that is moisturising enough and mild enough for my face. Well worth a try.

Jillyboo

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2023, 03:20:30 PM »

Sounds like Rosacea to me.

FayeZ

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2023, 04:41:56 PM »

I sometimes get a red face for about an hour after drinking one glass of wine (honestly it is just one glass!). Never thought about face cream, I just assumed it was the alcohol triggering an extra strong hot flush.

I use CeraVe Facial Moisturising Lotion but it doesn't help with flushing.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 11:12:59 AM by FayeZ »