Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Twitching eyelid  (Read 4931 times)

Elliebee

Twitching eyelid
« on: April 27, 2023, 08:42:25 AM »

Hi does anyone ever get a twitching lower eyelid which lasts for days/weeks?
My lower left eyelid has been twitching on and off for nearly two weeks. I had a full eye test on Monday and the optician said it was nothing to worry about and it will go away. Eye was slightly dry but he didn’t recommend eye drops.
Sometimes I can feel it twitching bug mostly only aware of it when I look closely.
I’ve been sleeping well, cut out caffeine for few days etc. Trying to relax and ignore it - but not easy when you are a worrier ! My period is due in next few days so maybe hormonal ? Or another weird perimenopause symptom?

Elliebee

Re: Twitching eyelid
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 12:23:46 PM »

Jaypo was yours continuous ? Did anything help ?

Elliebee

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023, 01:39:39 PM »

That’s reassuring. I need to stop focusing on it and hopefully it will go !!

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2023, 01:52:09 PM »

I get that every few months and have had for many years. The longest it lasted was two weeks but is normally just a couple of days. One cause with me is stress but that it not always the case.

Annoying but nothing to worry about. Sometimes if I look out of my eye sidewards it will go.

Elliebee

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2023, 03:37:19 PM »

Hi Timkerbell thank you . If I close my eye tight and hold for a few seconds the twitching stops then starts after a minute or so. I think it is stress, anxiety and too much screen time!

VioletAquarius

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2023, 09:25:19 PM »

Hi
I get it on one eye, for me it is stress related, as it only ever happens when I'm stressed x

Losingtheplot

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2023, 08:17:28 AM »

Hi does anyone ever get a twitching lower eyelid which lasts for days/weeks?
My lower left eyelid has been twitching on and off for nearly two weeks. I had a full eye test on Monday and the optician said it was nothing to worry about and it will go away. Eye was slightly dry but he didn’t recommend eye drops.
Sometimes I can feel it twitching bug mostly only aware of it when I look closely.
I’ve been sleeping well, cut out caffeine for few days etc. Trying to relax and ignore it - but not easy when you are a worrier ! My period is due in next few days so maybe hormonal ? Or another weird perimenopause symptom?

Hi hunni

Yes I get top lid eye twitching longest period was a month like you had plenty of sleep, no caffeine etc didn't feel particular stressed but found this very annoying as it would go on pretty much all day. Seems to have stopped for now

Elliebee

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2023, 11:11:09 AM »

Thank you everyone. Reassuring I’m not alone. My twitch is still there. It seems worse in morning (I usually wake with the dreaded early morning nervous feeling in tummy)! Sometimes it stops during day and starts again in evening.
I am having a repeat blood test in couple of weeks for slightly raised TSH level so wondering if the twitch could be linked to thyroid problem?

Cara999

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2023, 02:50:00 PM »

I've had this too, it was driving me mad, lasted for about 2 weeks and then just stopped, it's very annoying xx

Elliebee

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2023, 04:36:53 PM »

Cara99 I wish mine would stop😬

Elliebee

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2023, 07:31:27 PM »

Hi Jaypo it certainly can ! I hate that feeling and now coupled with twitching eye it’s a double whammy

Cara999

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2023, 06:53:26 AM »

Elibee hopefully it will stop soon xx

Elliebee

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2023, 10:36:11 AM »

Eye still twitching 😬

Elliebee

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2023, 09:34:50 PM »

Hi Jaypo I have already discussed with Gp who said it will settle and probably linked to anxiety and stress. I’m having blood tests this week to re- check thyroid function as slightly high before. GP has added B12 and calcium levels to checks .

Elliebee

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2023, 10:24:01 AM »

Hi Poppytoast my left lower eye lid (bag area) does look slightly swollen. Definitely puffier than right eye.
Pages: [1] 2