Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The knackered thread  (Read 6699 times)

SarahT

Re: The knackered thread
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2023, 06:05:24 PM »

Hi Karashannon,

How.sweet  you are willing to reply to us when you are having such a bad spell yourself. any form of chronic fatigue, whatever the cause, is as we know so debilitating. Add in the peri\meno symptoms, including Crap sleep and it's no wonder we all struggle.
I agree it helps to pace yourself, but obviously that's a hard thing to do for some with work and children etc.

I am definitely learning (the hard way) that some days I am so exhausted I simply can't achieve everything like I used to. a few months ago I could run up the stairs, some days now I am dragging myself up.
Luckily I have an understanding husband, and equally importantly, I am trying not to stress when stuff can't be done if I am on a bad day.
But that does hurt because it reinforces the person I have become. No win situation really.

So like you I will see my g.p and take a few notes so I cover all I need to ask, I too would prefer blood tests, not thought about testosterone. I have an underactive thyroid, and I understand levels can be affected by hrt.
Bloody minefield isn't it?

I send hugs to all, and Kara, thanks for your kindness to us all. X

Elliebee

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2023, 10:27:46 AM »

Definitely knackered today and mojo has buggered off ! Anyone help me find it ? 🤣

KaraShannon

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2023, 12:18:53 PM »

I'm wiped out today.

I had cellulitis as you all know, I got over it and no sooner had I recovered, everyone needed me again.  I worked really hard as well, and then I've got this fungal infection on the other leg (never had this before but think it might have been from 3 weeks nearly in bed when I was ill).

So I'm treating that, and seem to be getting somewhere. 

Then I meet a friend in the street and they have a mask on, then they tell me (up close) that they have a cold. 

Now I have a cold, and feel pretty under the weather with it.  Covid test is negative, it's always negative.  I've also got 3 spots on my back that are itching, but they are not getting any worse so I'll just watch and wait. 

All very weird. 

Plus I have a new neighbour who was banging on the wall at 4am this morning.  I'm not sure why, I was asleep so I didn't analyse it too much, but I didn't go back to sleep properly after that.

KaraShannon

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2023, 12:20:27 PM »

Definitely knackered today and mojo has buggered off ! Anyone help me find it ? 🤣

There's a vitamin shot drink in waitrose called mojo  ;D  I bought one yesterday, it's not worked lol

Elliebee

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2023, 12:33:48 PM »

Karashannon 🤣 what a shame ! Would be great if it worked -

KaraShannon

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2023, 01:10:43 PM »

So like you I will see my g.p and take a few notes so I cover all I need to ask, I too would prefer blood tests, not thought about testosterone. I have an underactive thyroid, and I understand levels can be affected by hrt.
Bloody minefield isn't it?

I send hugs to all, and Kara, thanks for your kindness to us all. X

Hope you feel better soon, yes we have to pace ourselves because anything else seems to just make it worse. 

I'm too shattered to have my blood test today.  I also have a cold and while the covid test is negative, I'm not sure as it's only just started. 

Elliebee

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2023, 01:37:58 PM »

Hi Karashannon. Yes rest is key ! I hope you feel better soon and the test remains negative!

SarahT

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2023, 10:35:01 AM »

Truly knackered today. Managed a walk\trudge at snails pace with husband. Cleaned bathroom and universe two rooms.... Now fit
for nothing. Completely drained.
Few weeks ago I could work the whole day and get a long second walk in as well. Now the smallest task wears me out.

Off to g.p appt on Fri so making a few notes. By time I get in there I brain fog will take over and I will forget things!
Cannot go on like this. Think I need to switch hrt.

Moany rant but hugs to all x😵

KaraShannon

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2023, 03:39:22 PM »

Truly knackered today. Managed a walk\trudge at snails pace with husband. Cleaned bathroom and universe two rooms.... Now fit
for nothing. Completely drained.
Few weeks ago I could work the whole day and get a long second walk in as well. Now the smallest task wears me out.

Off to g.p appt on Fri so making a few notes. By time I get in there I brain fog will take over and I will forget things!
Cannot go on like this. Think I need to switch hrt.

Moany rant but hugs to all x😵

Sarah T, how did it go with the GP?

I know what you mean about getting loads done and then fun stuff as well. 

KaraShannon

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2023, 03:46:01 PM »

Not a great day, up during the night with stomach trouble.  I don't think it's anything other than I keep getting IBS every so often, since start of 2020 and starting hrt.  Never before.

It was worse in 2020 and can't helping thinking covid had a lot to do with it.  It's gradually improved and 'episodes' a lot less over time, but the last 24 hours it's back.  I can't seem to eat the usual healthy foods I've always eaten either.  Having to rethink it all.

This week I'm going to eat very mindfully and with gut health as the focus and see if I can reign in these symptoms.  If I can I'll know I've got to take more care.  I did eat 3 curries this week, my friend couldn't believe that!  I've always got away with that but this was a different curry that I'm not used to.  Maybe that.  What next.   ::) ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2023, 05:17:10 PM »

IBS is a specific problem.  = fast delivery/diarhhea, or like myself, slow transit.  With very little variation.

Onions make me ill unless cooked for hours.  Spices can affect the gut lining too so that particular curry may be causing digestive problems.  What was in it?  The expression is like 'to roast', 'to curry' ;-)

Garlic used to give me massive heartburn almost immediately.  My gut has become used to it. 

SarahT

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2023, 06:37:21 PM »

Hiya Kara,

Sorry you have had another bad week. I one of admire the dedication of three curries in a week! Like CLKD I have  to watch a few several key ingredients now as I have a hiatus hernia.... So I can do cooked onions, but raw ones a no for me. Spices are a distant memory for  me. I think it's a good thing to re- evaluate our diets,  I have had to drop a few things, nothing I miss too much (except caffeine sob 😪 ) .

As for you kindly asking about my drs appt... Well,that week all hell  broke loose. In the run up to my period I developed the worse pms moods I have ever been through. Broke down at the drs, I had the most severe and scary thoughts that were so shocking. She advised I had pmdd symptoms. And these moods were the utmost priority for me to sort out. Long story short. Have upped my patch to 100, can go to 125 if needed, to try to suppress my cycle,  and have an option for anti anxiety meds for the luteal part of my cycle of needed.

This month, despite physical pms symptoms, my moods, though bad, were not suicidal in nature, so am optimistic I am on the right track.

BUT the sodding exhaustion along with terrible joint pain and muscle fatigue seemed worse instead! I swear you couldn't make all this up could you?!

So another drs appt (by phone) on 6th June to discuss this as I had to concentrate so much on my moods. A new low point...so bad fatigue wise my husband had to help me out of bed one day. And this week?? Am on a 7\10 fatigue wise which is fab for me.

Enough to drive a same person crazy... So not much hope left for me🙄. Mood wise better though, thankfully I keep a diary of symptoms to check for patterns. Will update you after appt.

Thanks for asking Kara, and good luck on clearing up your diet a bit to help the IBS, again, a food diary may help at times??

Take care xx

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2023, 07:20:43 PM »

Such deep fatigue needs investigating.  Whilst crashing fatigue can be cyclical, it shouldn't become 'normal'.  VitD levels tested recently?

How is your diet?  I was advised by NAPS to eat every 3 hours 24/7.  To keep blood sugar levels even throughout the month.  It took a while to get used to spreading out the requirements, I certainly noticed if I lapsed!  After 3 months I got into the habit.  When I let the puppy out to P in the early hours, she soon learned that there were biscuits on our way back to bed  ;D

Slow release foods: mixed dried fruits and nuts; bananas; porridge oats; crackers ........... I never put on weight !

SarahT

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2023, 07:38:52 PM »

I am speaking to my g.p next week. Underactive thyroid, low pulse, history of not absorbing iron all possibilities, so asking for bloods, vitamin d being one. I take a multi vitamin and minerals each day along with extra vitamin d and calcium.  My diet is good I love dried apricots and a few nuts too, oats always seem a cure for all things for me. Bananas are back in my diet too. Rice cakes of dipping low. My weight has always been sluggish, I eat ok, exercise when my body allows but am still putting on weight. Up a dress size in last year....

My fatigue seems, from my notes, to be cyclical, on the week leading up to and including my period. I know thyroid and peri\meno hormones can conflict.
But thanks CLKD I am making some concise note to discuss with my dr. Appreciate your advice.

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2023, 08:45:59 PM »

Possible effect of thyroid disfunction upset by peri? 

Wouldn't our bodies know better  >:( Nature being what She is !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4